Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use one for the simple reason that my nearly 2 year old can only stay in the stroller for so long and is only happy being carried for so long. She loves walking and having a leash is the safest way to let them do that in a public space.

My wife and I do not use it very often though it has to be said and they are not meant to be used as the primary way of taking your kids around the shops. They can only walk so far obviously before becoming tired. But as an option to give my daughter a bit of freedom from her stroller for 5-10 minutes its fine and in no way horrible. She has the biggest smile and loves walking around the exploring things for herself.

They have a short lifespan imo, once they are old enough to walk everywhere (for short trips to the shops so say 3) they should not be used. Kids have to learn to stay close to their parents and not get used to the tether.

Comment

• I think its great, it gives the kid freedom without the worry you'll get shoved apart in crowds.

It's nothing to do with not having to watch the kid or treating them like an animal and everything to do with letting the kid roam around and explore a bit with a safety net.

I bet the people with a problem with it would change their mind pretty damn fast should their own kid get separated from them in a crowd. And if they can't because they are always in a trolley/pram/carried then they are missing out on a lot of stuff because they are forced into wherever you want them.

Comment

• I can see the advantages for sure, but I still wonder whether such restrictions place any chance physical or mental dangers for kids.

*shrugs*

Comment

• baby harnesses provide:
          +20 to defence against abduction
          -2 agility
          -50 charisma

charisma's a dump stat anyway - so win

Comment

• and automatically negates Ninja skills i.e pulling someone's beer off the table silently as you walk by a cafe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JugV2 View Post
              and automatically negates Ninja skills i.e pulling someone's beer off the table silently as you walk by a cafe.
              that's one o them thar grey areas - that can be bad, eg: kid drops beer bottle on floor, or good - eg: kid gives beer bottle to daddy. that's a 50/50 chance i'm willing to take

Comment

• sure but what if it's a XXXX (fourex) beer?
                WOULD YOU TAKE THAT CHANCE ZOMG

Comment

• ****, you're right. plus side is that you can use your baby as a yo-yo though. so i guess there's that too.

Comment

• kids are flexible.
                    And now for something completely different.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• bahaha

Comment

• I don't know what's more worrying about that picture. The fact that the owner is happy to display it or the possibility that they are may use it so much that its needed in the kitchen to help the time pass when waiting for the pasta or rice to cook.

Comment

• Perhaps its a salt n pepper shaker?

Mmmm push it REAL good.

Comment

• Mayonnaise bottle.

Comment

• yeah nothing like a bit of creme fraiche when you're in the mood.

Comment

• Har.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X