Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Could you imagine if every industry did this,
    In my experience most industry with significant labour charges do this.

Comment

Originally posted by morge View Post
      In my experience most industry with significant labour charges do this.
      yea like builders for one. The better builders charge more.
      Anyway that tattoo looks great so if it cost less for that kind of quality thats awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        The issue really is tattooist just charging what ever they want, they quotes aren't hourly, they are just numbers of the top of their head. They quote 3 hours, do it in 1 and still charge you 3, they are just rip offs and they no there's nothing you can do about it as everything is cash.
        I've found this is definitely the case. I have 3 tattoos done by 3 different artists, all at Darwin City Tattoos. What you paid definitely sounds like a rip-off. I only ever paid a deposit before getting the tat.

Two of mine are the same size - of these, one took around 45 minutes and one took 30 minutes. I was charged $180 for the 45 min one and $220 for the 30 minute one (but that was their best artist, Mim).

The third one, a back piece, took two sessions; 3 1/2 hours all up and only $300 total cost.

Both of the smaller ones were my own designs though, whereas the back piece was a custom one that I asked them to design. I have a feeling they charge less if they get a bit of freedom with the design, because after all, they are artists at heart and they actually had a sign saying they love to draw, encouraging people to get custom pieces.

Comment

Working...
        X