Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Gamer(Springton, SA) needs help <sob>

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere that I can get backups of steam games on some form of media so as I can restore them to my computer. I recently had a massive HDD problem and lost everything. I have no excuse especially as my mobo supports RAID and i wasn't using it. I am now RAID 1 so should be happy times ahead.
    I am one of those wrinkly old gamers who got his start gaming with a Dick Smith DIY Pong game (for my modern B&W TV no less) and believe it or not this was my first HDD failure and I have owned PC's since my genuine IBM XT 4.77mhz(OC with a V30(20 maybe) chip that pulled about 5.2mhz in glorious CGA. My first real PC game was Test Drive(the original). Also I hated Myst.
    Anyway i am very sad as I have been sick for a few years now and my only real activity that doesn't leave me stuffed is gaming. I would download them but as I am on wireless and paying $50 per 3GB I though I might ask.
    BTW: Any old CS players (Beta's up to 5ish) may remember me as aardvarkHater
    Last edited by UninfrmedLuddit; 30-01-11, 11:04 AM. Reason: Spelling

welcome to the forums, what games are you chasing?

Comment

Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2, Grid, Half Life 2, HL2 ep 1, HL2 ep 2, HL Source, Portal, PoP warrior within, PoP The Lost Sands, Serious Sam HD First Encounter, TOCA 3, Tomb raider Underworld. Quite a few of these I haven't even played yet.

Comment

Including Mr. Insidious above, there are a bunch of gamers from SA on here. I'm sure between a couple of them you could get the steamapps data for most if not all of those.

Comment

I would be more than happy to provide media and beer(or alternative entertainment) to anyone that could help me out.

Comment

Reslo will drink you out of home and Insidious' might take "liberties" with the offer of "alternative entertainment".

You've been warned!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	steam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	596639

Comment

epic games list i know!!

Comment

lol!

Comment

Originally posted by insidious View Post
                    epic games list i know!!
                    poker stars ftw

Comment

how many pages does your game list go for Rec?

Comment

Mine is epic. I shudder to think what rec's is. Epicly epic epicness.

Comment

Between my 2 accounts I have 195 games. That's normal, isn't it?

Comment

yup normal......

Comment

Originally posted by insidious View Post
                              yup normal......
                              Normal in rec's world

Comment

Working...
                              X