Places to get married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to get married

I'm getting married next year amd we were originally going to get married at crocodylus park but they have been nothing but a pain in the arse since we started.

That being said I don't want to get married in any ordinary place ie east point I didnt mind the idea of lake bennet but I need help. Can anyone think of an awesome amd different place to get married up here?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

When we were living up there we were going to get married on the lawns out the front of the Museum. Not particularly exciting. But the food at Cornucopia is nice and it's not a bad spot.

Apart from that maybe somewhere in Litchfield. I really don't know about Lake Bennett tbh. Each to their own.

Or mebbe Crab Claw Island?

Comment

hah we got married on the museum lawns really nice for a low-key event. beautiful in the wet, and the staff at cornucopiea were fantastic. awesome food too.

try a google search though - there's places down in litchfield that have geared up for weddings

Comment

How many people and what time of year?
        I work in the event industry so know most of the not normally a venue places.

Comment

if i was to ever get married i would do it on the cullen bay sandbar!

Comment

DON'T DO IT, ITS A TRAP!!!!!

Comment

Second best thing I've ever done, and it resulted in the best thing.

Went to one of the best weddings I've been to recently, and it was on an oval in their home town - the bride arrived by helicopter which was a real talking point for the rest of the night.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the actual place is less important than what you do with/around it.

Comment

Not quite the right time of year for it, but if you can score good weather.

Hire the biggest yacht you can find and do it out on the harbour with a sunset
                Last edited by Minorci; 14-10-11, 04:19 PM.

Comment

My bro got married in a winery in Melbourne. Was awesome... Because vowels and reception in same place, and then it was more of a cocktail party reception. So, make sure you don't have many tables, have a catering company bring out small amounts of food, but lots of it. I'm talking not cocktail food quantities, but cocktail food in dinner fill/eat sizings. So lots of dishes but by the end people are full and they get a range of meat, veg, seafood, fast-food, aussse fastfoood, etc. Noe lack of tables makes it more of a party sence, people have to walk around, dance and mingle. More people will have fun than the traditional sit at your table and dance eye you want too. I'm used to having house parties with 150+ guests involves, seriously take those 2 points into consideration, more people will compliment you on your wedding, because they and a good time and in turn you had a good time.

---
                  I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.512161,-87.877000

Comment

Parliament House is a nice setting for a wedding. Through the main hall and out the back there's a great area with a view of the harbour. I went to a wedding there in August and it was really nice. Go in there one day and take a look (it's open to the public) and there's a really good cafe there too.

Comment

I'm a glutton, second time around I chartered The Alfred Noble and held the ceremony and reception on the harbour through the late afternoon/evening. Was very cost effective and had plenty of wow. Limited the guests to about 50 and had a ball. The view was awsome and all that attended said it was excellent.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, ill let you know how I go.

Comment

P.s. what are you doing in the states psyave

Comment

Ha, forgot tapatalk does that... Been working as a food research microbiologist here in the south side of Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                            X