Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEAK UP: Mumble issues!!!! HELP!

Hey Guys,

Recently I have configured a murmur server for use on the local lan by our IT guys to chat during the day, but also more importantly to chat during PD time in our chosen game of the day one of the guys is having an issue where mumble works fine outside of a game, but ingame the audio for the game comes out of the laptop speakers... Mumble sound goes through the headset. Then if you exit out of mumble ALL game sound switches back to the headset.

Anyone else experienced this issue, and know the fix? It's only one of the guys here (there are 5 others of us that are using it fine with no issue).

I have had a look around on the internets but can't find any useful info.

The guy experiencing the issue blamed mumble, so installed a teamspeak server and client and it does the same thing

Any advice would be awesome!

Thanks fellow GU'ers

something about disabling exclusive mode?

SourceForge.net: Mumble: Detail: 3411139 - Forces Team Fortress 2 to switch from headphones to speakers

Comment

Disable the laptop speakers so that the game is forced to use the headset audio (or set the hedset audio to default) either way should fix the problem.

Or it could be the exclusive mode - I'm not sure.

Comment

oh, also check in-game audio options - just in case. And steam too , since it's Source stuff you're playing.

Comment

done all of that no joy... trying out a spare USB headset that I had here to see if that makes any difference

Comment

You using the Dev Snapshot of Mumble / murmur? or just the normal one?

Comment

Bit stupid to say but maybe change all the audio devices from default to the headset?

I thought it would have been the exclusive option in mumble causing this.

Doesnt windows have that exclusive option aswell on win 7?

Comment

yeah check the exclusive thing, made sure that the audio was set to headset etc. and still didn't work. switched to a usb headset and it is now working

so MEH!

Comment

Originally posted by kernal View Post
                  yeah check the exclusive thing, made sure that the audio was set to headset etc. and still didn't work. switched to a usb headset and it is now working

so MEH!
                  in which case it's most likely that dodgy realtek audio panel - confirm which brand the onboard sound is handled by and install their CP so you can try futzing with that instead.

Comment

or I could just let him suffer... Was working fine yesterday with the USB headset. After a reboot it's all screwed up again

Ah JOY!

Comment

Working...
                    X