Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU Present and Future

Rec/Overdrive

today i renewed my GU subscription fee and had a few questions.

the community has quietened down significantly in the last 12 months and i dare say its due to the change in social and internet technology more then the efforts of the administrators and community members.

what is planned for the community and forum in the next 6-12 months?

I think rec's got plans to try and attract more traffic / activity by promoting VR tech.

Comment

We've got a dev environment setup at the moment which has a brand spanking new build of vBulletin running, themed similarly to the existing site.

Once Dan has a chance to migrate our database of users and posts, we'll be switching over to that.

The idea moving forward is to continue to support the community not only with our Mumble server, but launch a whole game server farm for multiplayer games that support VR. Things like L4D2, Hawken, TF2 and so-forth.

Our "news" will also begin to revolve around VR games and technology as well.

Recently we ran a UT2004 "old school gamers" night, and we'l undoubtedly be doing more of these retro nights in the future as well.

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to the new streamlined delete and banning system.

Comment

New banning system.... That doesn't sound good.

Comment

You still here?

Comment

Originally posted by DoWhatUWant View Post
              New banning system.... That doesn't sound good.
              hahaha loved this comment. gold mate!

Comment

Just moved, will try an upgrade run in the next day or so. Once done, I'll squash remaining bugs (image uploads, random spam bs).

Comment

I still check the site every few days. Not much going on though so not a lot for me to comment on.

Comment

Working...
                  X