Primal Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Darkness

For all of you that play Primal Darkness, it has been closed indefinately. Daos has told me that lack of funds was the final thing that buried the hatchet.

RIP PD

oh thats easily fixed, just hop on over to merentha

if your not banned that is

Comment

Or Shattered Worlds, or NewMoon

I've recently started playing on both of them Although I left Shattered Worlds awhile ago (and my previous character seems to be lost :?) I have come back and am finding myself quite able to appreciate the depths of this mud.

New moon I haven't really done much with yet, but the ruins of Damaras temple are a great start to everything (and you gotta love the Matrix reference they've put in there :wink. Fleshy would be the person to ask about this mud, hopefully he'll step in to say more about it.

Alternatively we could organise a donation to the PD ops to keep it running, but that would need to be considered carefully (eg. will it help in the long-term?).

Comment

Nah a donation will not help, Daos told me that it has been deleted and they dont have a hard-copy of it, so it is oficially dead, there is no way of getting it back even if they had money

Comment

DAMN IT...

Give me 6 weeks of my life back you bastard admins!!

bah... nm

btw... merentha kinda..... whats the word... blows chunks.... yeah thats it :p

Comment

You could always come to my mud?

... oh yeah gotta finish it first...

Nah. I dunno. Play something.

Pity all that PD code has been deleted however... some was mine, but most was others and it was far better then what I had... sniff.

Comment

Joy, the immature PD pricks come to merentha now...

Comment

Funny... it normally happend the other way round...

Comment

ok Daos was given incorrect information it seems, or hes just a idiot Yank, one of the other, PD has been resurrected somehow, but how long it will stay that way is another question. By the sounds of it there are major server problems

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                    Joy, the immature PD pricks come to merentha now...
                    There are spammers, PK'ers, 'against the spirit of the game' players everywhere; at least on both places they are checked. You want to see abuse? Play Diablo II online. Play UO. Play, God, any Battle.net server. Both Merentha and Primal Darkness are havens compared to the dreaded Battle.net.

In my humble opinion, both Primal Darkness AND Merentha have the same percentage of idiots. However, I will say this: Merentha is, coding wise, a far better mud then Primal Darkness is and will be. That cannot be disputed. However, Primal Darkness lacks a certain... elitist malice... that Merentha can display to it's players. That said, Merentha can often feel like a second home for me; but seriously. Before you go saying all Primal Darkness people are jerks... there are some really awesome people there. Yes, a portion of the playerbase of Primal Darkness is banned Merentha players... however... you'll find that once a spammer, always a spammer, and such players are very quickly barred from playing on Primal Darkness as well. The Merentha playerbase and administration has it's flaws and good points too... For instance... Merentha has a zero-tolerance policy towards rule breakers; break anything and you are dested. No exceptions. This is a good thing, and I like it. I have no tolerance for rule breakers. Only if it's enforced, however...

[whiny personal annecdote]

I PK'd Scribble's alt during a Kingdom war... a legal action... but said alt immediately goes link dead... suspicious, I start a harass log, just in time to catch Scribble himself log on... bump me out of the fighter hall where I was hiding, not once but twice, for his cronies to kill me... All logged. It doesn't stop there, either... why was Scribble allowed to pay bounties on the heads of all my alts, 50k for a kill. payable by Scribble, for the killing of his alt... why was Jumble charming me so Kagato can backstab me not counted as co-operating in a PK... why was Scribble allowed to write abusive and threatening e-mails to my private accounts, telling me never to come back to Merentha or face RL violence... why, when these e-mails were forwarded to the administration, and the IP *matched* Scribble's, and Jewel told me: "Head's will roll"... why was nothing done?

I stopped playing Merentha after that. Jumble, Kagato, and Scribble are all dested now for other things... and someday I will come back... I have not left for good. To do so would be allowing them to win. I will probably return only to code... which is all I have done for the last year or so... but that will be at a time of my choosing and no sooner. Just as I will go back to Ultima Online... eventually... at a time of my choosing. And no sooner.

[/whiny personal annecdote]

MUD's, like any online game, are what you make of them. In my opinion, Primal Darkness and Merentha are roughly equal in terms of enjoyment and thus I claim to be a player of both. Part of the reason I like Primal Darkness is because I have been playing Merentha for a long, long time... Primal Darkness is now how Merentha was then. The similarities are rather striking, which is something I find... refreshing.

Comment

lol such rivalry between pd and merentha...still

for the people, I personally prefer pd, for the game play, I'd say merentha...but I was quite happy to play both. The people who seem to have more complaints about the other mud, generally didn't play it for very long, or just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...but ah well *shrugs*
                      they're both cool in their own ways, in my opinion

Comment

I played merentha prolly before most of you people here did...

And at first I enjoyed it

I had a level 22 character when that was considered big
                        I rember having a personal conversation with Wind

I stopped playing and left for 6 months... when I came back there were more level 50's then I could count.

Now the mud is overpopulated, with unfortunatly a lot of people who have a very advanced elitism syndrome.

I still have a char on merentha, and I will prolly go back there one day.. I hope to have at least an elite there

Pd reminds me of the good old days in merentha, I regularly share a joke with the staff, I know most of the player base, and most of the mud aswell.

Unfortunatly one day, PD will have the same problem Merentha does, too many assholes in one place. I hope it takes longer then merentha did to achive that goal.

Comment

Necroing this topic...found it on a random google search and brought back some memories. Even logged back into PD for nostalgias sake. I don't know if it was just an off hour, there were only 5 or 6 players on, but even then it was nice to see how things have changed...

Comment

Working...
                          X