Top 10: the best Nokia N95 (Symbian S60v3) applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10: the best Nokia N95 (Symbian S60v3) applications

Update 23/02/2009: Updated, removed and added applications!

Since getting my new Series 60 device, I've been looking around for all the best little apps to take advantage of the accelerometer, GPS and general awesomeness of the device. Below are probably the best 10 of the 15 I'm currently using.

Please note: some of these applications are unsigned. You'll need to sign them yourself, and you can find the guide to do so HERE.

Also note: I've attached the N95 Accelerometer Plugin to this post (bottom), which usually needs to be installed to phone memory for the accelerometer applications to work.
    YouTube
    [Download: m.youtube.com/app/ on your mobile]
    It's beta, but it's official! You can log into your YouTube account, view videos, post comments and even upload videos from your phone straight to YouTube. The video quality isn't as good as emTube, but it's sure to be improved in future releases.

Qik
    [Download: bottom of this post]
    Qik uses your mobile network or WiFi connection to stream video LIVE to the internet. Anyone around the world can log-on to Qik.com and see what you're filming, as you're filming it!

AutoProfiles 3.1
    AutoProfiles schedule automatic profile changes and Bluetooth status changes on your mobile based on time and/or events. Hugely handy.

Google Latitude
    [Download: google.com/latitude on your mobile]
    Based in the Google maps engine, you can find places and use your GPS to determine the best route. Better than that, you can see your friends' locations around the world, status messages, and share yours with them. Great for travellers!

rotateMe (2.1 beta2)
    Thought the auto-rotate feature of the iPhone was cool? Well the N95 can do it to. This application works OS-wide, so you can use auto-rotate in games, your gallery, YouTube and everything else too! Please install N95AccelerometerPlugin.sis first (downloadable at the bottom of this post).

ShutUp
    Flip your phone over to close the incoming call and/or change your profile to silent. It also enables the ending of calls by sliding your slider down. Please install N95AccelerometerPlugin.sis first (downloadable at the bottom of this post).

NokeMote
    Shake your N95 to pause your current track, or tilt it left/right to skip between tracks in your playlist. Just like the new iPods! Please install N95AccelerometerPlugin.sis first (downloadable at the bottom of this post).

Fring
    Use your N95 as a Skype client. When connected to a WiFi network, you can make calls via Skype at no cost, as well as interact online via MSN (Windows Live Messenger), SIP, Google Talk, Twitter, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, orkut, Yandex Mail, Gmail notifier, WeFi, Facebook and Last.fm.

vBag
    The absolute best GameBoy Advance emulator. Grab ROMs from RomsCentral.

Sports Tracker
    Nokia Sports Tracker is a GPS-based activity tracker. It gathers information such as speed, distance, and time are automatically stored in your training diary. The best part is that you can show the routes you've taken on the website - letting people everyone see your pub crawl. Please install N95AccelerometerPlugin.sis first (downloadable at the bottom of this post).

There are a few others definitely worthy of note, too. Here they are...
    Phone Guardian
    If a different sim is put in your phone, the alarm will sound, an SMS will be sent to two numbers you specify, and a notice of your choice can be displayed, ie; "Locked! E-mail [email protected] for reward!"

DivX Player
    Obviously DVD resolution DivX movies will be too big unless you have an 8GB SDHC memory card, but using DivX Converter on your PC, you'll be able to convert movies into tiny DivX encoded files to play on your N95!

If any of the attached apps aren't working, post here and I'll get them updated or replaced with working install files.

Feel free to talk about and attach your favourites in this thread too.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rec; 26-01-08, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Hah! Now that is an awesome novelty. Totally doing that when I get home.

For more info... NiiMee by Asier Arranz ( A2Jsoft )
      Last edited by rec; 26-01-08, 10:01 PM.

Comment

the 95 now available on next g, is it the latest refresh of the phone or an older version?

Comment

N95 8GB is the new one (Black)

N95 normal is the silver,

So the new (8GB version) is next G compaitble? weeee

Comment

No, the Nokia N95 8GB isn't NextG compatible. The N95 Telstra is selling is specific to their network, produced specifically for them. A normal N95/N95 8GB will not operate at HSDPA speeds on the Telstra network.

Comment

Added two more apps.

Comment

****ing faggots.

Comment

im having trouble signing the files for my phone... could you please sign "shut up" and nokmote for me... that would be awesome thanks!

Comment

You need to sign it. If I sign it, it'll be signed with my IMEI, and won't install on your S60 device anyway.

Comment

So how many Gs can the N95 handle?

:hint:
                      The name... O V E R G EEEEEeeeee

Comment

Hi,

ThanX for the apps. I can't get this NokeMote to work. I've installed it and it says Press Pen + C to activate it, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Comment

The frustrating thing at the moment with the nokia N95 is I tried to fire some of these unsigned apps but it seems nokia removed the ability to sign apps with the offline, I've tried signing them with the online tools over the last few days and all it says is 'network communication error please try again' the new Rotate me was one of them... Anyone been able to sign these lately ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

ooooopss..i ve just found the application's certificate expired!
                            i tried to back my phone's date and year...still the same.
                            any ideas...pls!!!

Comment

Added more applications!

Comment

Working...
                              X