Wanna try out Android ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna try out Android ?

For those who have the cash $159 will buy you a Huawei Ideos Android phone unlocked and with 2.2 the stock OS. Bargain. Crazy Johns and Aust Post have em. DSE too not sure on the cost there though.

The spec are:
    Android 2.2
    2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen
    3.2-megapixel camera
    Qualcomm 528 Mhz SoC
    FM Radio
    256 MB RAM
    GPS
    Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
    HSDPA with up to 7.2Mbps

It will also come with a 4GB micro SDHC card (expandable to 32 GB), and apparently Crazy John will give you 300 MB data with every recharge.

Last edited by ResLo; 04-11-10, 08:19 PM. Reason: Unlocked confirmed

Why bother with that little device, cheaper to just get a htc desire.

Comment

no its not.

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
        no its not.
        +1

Comment

I finally have my Dell Streak in my hands

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
            Why bother with that little device, cheaper to just get a htc desire.
            Chad, you've not only produced an amazing bit of advice... but you've also made me realise that my concept of "cheaper" was far from accurate.

To think all this time I could have had a Bugatti Veyron instead of my '85 Toyota Corona.

Comment

Buying a phone is the cheapest part, so its not a factor in any of my buying decisions. Instead what is important to me is the use of the Optus or Telstra network. This includes the plan's they have on offer. To me, the phone cost is irrelevant, and doing it alone is far more expensive.

Comment

Some of us only have the option of buying phones outright for whatever reason.
                I might even consider a dodgy brothers phone for a while for a crack.

Comment

If you want to try it I think the title says... So the only cost is the unlocked phone. You can then put your own SIM in and try it out.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Except it's locked when you buy it. $100 to unlock.

Comment

Yeah you're right, dufus on Whirlpool said it was, I didn't look far enough into the tread to see ppl pick him up on it. If you're on Telstra already you could use it I suppose but then again its only 3G on Telstra not Next G. Still for $159 somethings got to be missing from the package.

Edit - Reading even further into the whirlpool thread it seems the units have left the factory unlocked. Aust post is selling them and lots of people are putting their SIMs in no problem, Telstra, 3, TPG etc.
                      Last edited by ResLo; 04-11-10, 08:18 PM.

Comment

No NextG would be the deal breaker for me.
                        Bugger I was really thinking of this for a play.

Comment

Still got that hinkering to play with Android??

Telstra have released a phone for its Next G ppl's AND its only $99 !!! with free delivery from Dick Smith to boot.

Telstra Smart Touch Android? Pre-Paid Mobile | Dick Smith Online Shopping

Smartphone craze goes Pre-Paid: Telstra ups value & unveils first $99 smartphone

This sucker has the Lot, GPS, FM Radio, WiFi, 3.2MB camera, Bluetooth etc. As far as I can tell the only downsides (that really cannot be considered downsides given the price) are Resistive screen and no EDGE or GPRS. This baby is full NextG only.
                          Last edited by ResLo; 18-03-11, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Ok, I will almost definitely grab one of these for a whirl.

Comment

Ridiculous price!

Comment

Working...
                              X