IPHONE 4 WARRANTY ABOUT TO EXPIRE 24th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPHONE 4 WARRANTY ABOUT TO EXPIRE 24th June

IPhone 4 owners who purchased on or soon after launch day last year (June 24, 2010) will soon see their factory warranties expire. Warranties on most Apple products are good for one year.

Which means your warranty WILL expire tomorrow if you purchased it on release day
    (I doubt none of us lined up for hours to get one on release day)
    Apple - Support - iPhone - Service + Repair

$99.00 INC GST to extend for 12 months
    Water Damage / Cracked Screen replacement has also increased to $299 for iphone4 replacement.

To find your iphone serial number click Settings / General / ABOUT

?

I have insurance for $20 more a year which covers faults, damage, loss, whatever. More importantly, it covers all of my iPhones, my iPad, my EeePC, and any other device under $1000.

Extended warranties are for chumps.

Comment

lol guy at work was like i have insurance on my phone $10 a month via mobile phone carrier
      (i laughed i had a customer with similar program and it broke by dropping it and they said send it to apple call this number and pay them $300 so basically was giving them money for free wtf)

$250 - 300 excess (iphone repair policy $300)

Lost or stolen / accidental insurance with TIO for your home and contents with an excess $100 (depending on your policy i guess) just add your devices to your policy save $240 on a 24 month contract.

................ single device insurance is a rip off lol

Comment

Carrier insurance is rubbish. Need real insurance like the TIO deal you mentioned - mine is through Westpac.

Comment

cool how much you pay for that a month ? i'm with westpac for life insurance perhaps i should chuck that ontop ;S

Comment

$10 per month on top of our home & contents cover.

Comment

of course if your phone is in contract you will be right as it has a rule that the vendor offering such contracts if an admission that it is reasonable to expect the phone to last the length of the contract so covered by warranty for that that period. I know Telstra and Optus both explicitly warrant phones for the length of contract.

Comment

Depends completely on the contract, so just comparing the price is folly.

Comment

extended warranties are awesome, if you pay the right price

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                    extended warranties are awesome, if you pay the right price
                    its all the clauses and fine print that scares me.

Comment

Working...
                    X