X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work?

ASRock > Products > Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
    2 X GTX 590 or 4 x 580
    Intel core i7-2600 proccessor - (if anything better then that for socket 1155 that you could think off, please suggest)
    (I dont see the ram slots listed, anyone know how much can be added?)
    im yet to decide on a PSU.

i think the i5-2500 is better value for money if you're a gamer

Comment

Don't go 4x 580 - benchmarks repeatedly show that the 4th is more or less redundant. That's often the case even with 3x.

2x 590 however is a powerhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
        i think the i5-2500 is better value for money if you're a gamer
        Maybe so, but i got the extra money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by nroug7 View Post
          2 X GTX 590 or 4 x 580
          Intel core i7-2600 proccessor - (if anything better then that for socket 1155 that you could think off, please suggest)
          (I dont see the ram slots listed, anyone know how much can be added?)
          im yet to decide on a PSU.

Comment

Now i feel stupid >.< forgot to check if they had a specs page, thanks a bunch.

Comment

If you have extra money to spend, definitely stick with the i7. Get dual 590s. If you have money left over run 2 SSDs in RAID 0. More money left over, get bigger SSDs.

Don't waste your money on 4x 580s.

But unless you're running games on three monitors, I don't really see why you need two 590s. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                If you have extra money to spend, definitely stick with the i7. Get dual 590s. If you have money left over run 2 SSDs in RAID 0. More money left over, get bigger SSDs.

Don't waste your money on 4x 580s.

But unless you're running games on three monitors, I don't really see why you need two 590s. Just sayin'.
                Or 3D, or multi monitor 3D. Still, i was thinking of the thermaltake 1350W power supply
                Thermaltake - Australia - Toughpower 1350W - TP-1350M

i still need to come up with a case and cooling system (With or without the case, probably gonna need to be custom if i'll be running Quad-sli 590.

Comment

or... HEX 590 SLI.

Comment

Again, quad 590's will be a waste of about $2000. You'll see no real improvement with a 3rd or 4th card.

Comment

I was joking about the hex sli 590 is a dual gpu card, So essentially 2 x 590 = Quad GPU SLI. Hex SLI = 3 x 590 o.O

Comment

Or save $1000, and put that towards an upgrade when Moore's law catches up with the current gen of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          Or save $1000, and put that towards an upgrade when Moore's law catches up with the current gen of cards.
                          ^

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            or even better, we wait for unlimitied detail technology. No special graphics card required, if only every company would use it.

Comment

Working...
                            X