• Show
Clear All

• iinet to buy internode....

Breaking news!

iiNet to buy Internode | Delimiter

R.I.P Internode.

You bastards.

Comment

It is not RIP just yet. Think of Westnet - despite been bought over 4 years ago is still run as a separate brand and separate markets.

I for one love the move. This will mean Hackett owns 7%~ of iiNet along side MM with his 12% will mean no buyout from the likes of TPG / Soul for this time. Means 4 big players in the DSL / Telacoms market.

Edit: now with node in Darwin with their DSLAM's I should be able to work from there. (Ie work from home)

Comment

Dude, I was working at Westnet when iinet took over, I saw the changes and how they broke the company. All Westnet is now is iinet wearing a hat.

Comment

iinet almost went bust and now it buys the best ISP ever shouldnt it be visa versa?

Comment

Well I am working here now and well its business as usual. Improved network capability for both companies. Higher market power in regards to bandwidth purchasing. I believe it is great news.
            Originally posted by http://blog.iinet.net.au
            What will change?

Comment

as much as i love internode, their pricing and plans have been out of whack for awhile now

Comment

It's a great deal for Simon and good on him for selling up, he deserves it. If anyone was to buy it I'm glad it was iinet however if they bring in Peak and Off Peak timing I'll be off. There is no longer the care factor for supporting my Adelaide born ISP.

Comment

I've already jumped ship, for no other reason than I can get a 100mbit service on cable, but this sale still breaks my heart.

Internode was the only ISP in the country who you could proudly be a customer of, and for many loyal customers that pride has surely been squashed.

I guess the amusing part of the deal is that if you wanted to leave Internode because of their sale, one of your two next best choices would indeed be iiNet.
                  Last edited by rec; 23-12-11, 10:27 AM.

Comment

That is the thing - nothing will change as far as any of the announcements are concerned. Simon will still be MD, he also now has 7% of iiNet and will probably sit on the iiNet board. Internode will still be a premium ISP as far as I can tell.

Internode will have better buying capacity for local / national networks - will also have access to the Chime DSLAM network. NBN will be cheaper under the one ownership. Support at 12AM in the morning will no longer be 20 minutes wait.

And I will be able to guest my fokes internet connection in Darwin with my staff guesting.

edit: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4963#r32384963
                    Last edited by Lothar; 23-12-11, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

Comment

So the deal has been sealed. I've been a loyal node customer for 8 years now. Now a change may be needed if they piss the usenet mirror off.

Comment

Not until Feb - and then there is no magic switch. Internode as far as I know will still operate as is. Only thing that may be changeing is the billing and sales amalgamation. Support will still be in Adelaide in their own call centre - may eventually fall over to other call centres but not for the immediate future.
                          See more here Q and A about the Internode-iiNet transaction | Internode Blog

Comment

Working...
                          X