Computer glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer glasses

Has anyone ever used Gunnar eyewear, or similar computer glasses? My eyes are killing me lately with the amount of time I spend studying and working on computers but I'm not sure if I want to spend $90 on a pair of Gunnars straight up.

Gunnar Optiks Nordics - (DigLife) : ANIME, ONYX (BLACK) - ANI

Not sure about the style but you'd find optometrist have this sort or the same technology. Cost, I don't know. But if you have health cover it should be free or close to, go see one. If not $90 doesn't seem to bad. You may just need to a check up if it's been a while so I'd see an optometrist anyway.

Also I heard a Darwin hairdresser is giving out free optical advise.

Comment

I have a set if you want to try them

they work well for people with 20/20 vision only, those who dont will need to get the prescription type

Comment

Alright, giving the Gunnars a go coz I have no health insurance and they have nothing but glowing reviews. I have heard of other anti-glare glasses from optometrists etc but they aren't really specifically for computer use.

Edit: Damnit Korny, I need to refresh the page before posting next time! Lol too late I just bought a pair. And yeah I have 20/20 vision apparently. Always kind of wanted glasses though... I guess this is a compromise. Stylish yellow tint and everything haha.

Comment

let us know how they go, i have been looking at getting a set for a while, but couldnt justify the purchase

Comment

Okay, so day three of testing and to be honest, I expected a lot more considering the reviews were like "oh my GOD this shit is AMAZING my eyes feel so much better" etc. I find I'm still rubbing my eyes and stuff after a day of using the work PC and I was starting to think there was really no noticeable difference... until I forgot to put them on and eyes started hurting, then as I put them on my eyes felt better. So maybe I just wasn't noticing it coz I hadn't tried taking them off again for a while. However, don't expect any huge difference and certainly don't expect them to eliminate eye strain altogether. As for quality and comfort, it's true they're nice and lightweight and have all the signs of quality in manufacturing, but I did find they started to hurt at the top of my ears on the second or third day. Probably just my head shape and the fact that I'm not used to wearing glasses at all, though. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep wearing them coz I kinda like having glasses The peeps I ordered from were pretty good. $97 including 'same day shipping' via Air Express. I ordered them on Friday and they arrived Monday.

Comment

I am a software developer who is in front of the computer for 8 hours a day. I love the way these glasses seem to enhance the text and images on the screen, and I definitely notice less fatigue on my eyes. The last 3 hours of every day is usually when the eye fatigue starts setting in, but since I've been using these, there seems to be a lot less strain.

Comment

Make sure you're in a well lit room. It helps dramatically.

Comment

Working...
                X