Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy

VAIO® Duo 11 : VAIO™ Laptops & Computers : Sony Australia

loving it so far, great hybrid device, just the right size for traveling.
    plays games too, surprisingly.

I saw one of them in the Singapore airport. Interesting. I remember the screen being quite nice...

Comment

What's the battery life on it?

Comment

Looks like a neat bit of kit

Comment

4.5hrs battery life on its own, and it has a battery plate that makes it 7-8hrs.

Comment

How much did you pay for it? I've seen em for around 2400, looks a bit exe... Did you get a better deal than that?

Comment

There's two models available, i5 and i7. you can get the cheaper model for about $1450.

Comment

the i7 seems a bit exe, 900 more for a battery pack, processor, ram and storage upgrade? is it worth it? where did you buy yours?

Comment

i got mine locally due to me salary sacrificing it, but if you want the i7 model i would recommend importing it from U.S. as its a thousand dollars cheaper and comes with an IPS & gorilla glass panel.

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                    i would recommend importing it from U.S. as its a thousand dollars cheaper and comes with an IPS & gorilla glass panel.
                    The aussie one doesn't have IPS and Gorilla Glass?

Where in the us is it cheaper? I've searched amazon and ebay us, the pricing isn't that much better.

edit: found one

Last edited by jabsy; 24-02-13, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah the aussie version definitely doesn't have an ips panel its using a TFT
                      and pretty sure it isn't using gorilla glass.

The US is also slightly faster i7 chip, 1.9 3517 vs 2.0GHz 3937.

$1550 AUD + postage for the US one versus $2399 AUD for the local one.
                      Another case of aussies being price gouged by the big manufactures.
                      Last edited by mepm; 24-02-13, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Hmm I read that the warranty is international too so importing one wont seem so crazy, even with the extra 10% for GST. No free battery tho I expect.

Comment

Working...
                        X