Epox 8rda+ - Power LED problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epox 8rda+ - Power LED problem

I know its sounds stupid but the Power LED on my lian li case (which is blue) only lights up slightly (not as bright as with my other board). The LED is fine.

Doesent seem to be getting enough juice.

Any ideas ?

Ps. THe harddrive LED is ok. (the blue used to dwarf the red, now it is hard to tell if it is on).

I know Xaine has the same mobo. Do you have the same problem >

Originally posted by Flammable
    I know its sounds stupid but the Power LED on my lian li case (which is blue) only lights up slightly (not as bright as with my other board). The LED is fine.

Doesent seem to be getting enough juice.
    LED's are driven by a particular amount of current running through them, usually 20mA is enough to make them shine pretty bright. A LED drops a certain voltage across it. In the case of a red LED, this is about 1.2 volt - so if you rig things up so it gets 20mA across it with a voltage drop of 1.2 volt, it'll light up just fine.

However, blue LED's, depending on the model, drop about 1.9 or so (anyone confirm?) volts across them. Thus, if you use the same driving circuit to power a blue LED as you do a red one, it'll be heaps dim.

My suggestion: Try and hook your HDD led (which is red) to your power LED socket - I bet it'll be nice and bright. If that's the case, replace your power LED with a red one, or a yellow one (they drop a slightly higher voltage across them than red, but not much).

Darkwolf.

Comment

It's not the LED - I've had this problem with all my Epox mobo's - don't know why, but what I've done to overcome it is to plug the LED into the Turbo LED connection - no probs with that.

Comment

Ok cool thanks for the help guys.

Hmm how to wire a 3pin (only uses 2 pin) into a 2 pin socket

Ezzzzzzzzzzy

Comment

Working...
        X