DGA ceasing all Lans until further notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i honestly dont think it is just the game

armgetron went off when we managed to get people in there,. hardly game of the year stuff but there was hootin and hollarin and fun was had

i think it would be better if there was a list of games to be played and a timetable of when they were going to be played

Comment

personally i know myself and a bunch of people would go to lan with a smash bros tournament. others would go for tekken tournament or streetfighter etc.

it should be about gaming not just about PC gaming. plus its good for the leechers to have something to do while there PC's are occupied. at the old dga's that were having problems cause they had too many people coming probably half if not more the people who came were leechers/sharers. There was a change in dga a while ago where they tried to actively limit leeching to get better gaming and that resulted in a fairly sudden and significant drop in the number of people going.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Leeching was never what the lans were about, it was the gaming. There's only so many times I can stand to go to a lan and play nothing but CS. Leechers were stopped because they were bringing down the network and preventing normal gamers from playing during peak hours.

It's a combination of things, but personally I try to believe that it's late generation Y who are a bunch of cockwanks who wouldn't dare to show their faces in public ever after trying to be topshits online. :p

Comment

id say 80% of people who went to DGA were leeching. In fact I think leeching was more popular then gaming back in the days before adsl

Comment

basically, the old crew who were enthusiastic enough to do timetables and comps and actually put in the time needed to create awesome dgas, have all since gotten lives.

down with the real world i say.

Comment

DGA has gone through 3 sets of hands since I have been back in Darwin .. thats going nearly 10 months now ..

So something to think about in that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                It is people through the door. IE numbers per lan .. which atm, isnt enough to make DGA a viable lan.
                I believe you are half right there.

This is how i feel and may not repsent many, but i am prepared to pay say up to $40 per lan weather or not i am a member or whatnot. I think $10 or $15 is a bit pissy of a charge for 24 hours of Aircon power and networking...

Say charge people differently depending on their situation. Students of High School say $20. All others at the $40 (includin Uni students)

Also the current system for paying and computer checking lacks abit. Last lan i went to i had to go over and Put my money in the Admins hand as no one was guarding the door. The rafel tickets on the computer is worthless... unless of course a rafel is happening or a door prize. Not one of the 10 DGA's i have been to has my ticket been checked other than when i won something(and that didnt really count).

Comment

Never happen, Lothar. Then people won't come because the price is too high and the problem is there once again.

People aren't guarding the door because noone is interested in being an admin anymore, they can't get people to do the other jobs. Back in the day admins and old-schoolers were everywhere... Now, they're not.

This is just the end of an ongoing trend, trying to change it now is a bit late. I haven't been involved with DGA for a fair while now (12 - 17months or so) but even then we were all trying to change things and 'bring back' what we previously had. In the end, the efforts were there, but it amounted to nothing.

I sincerely hope interest resurfaces, but that all comes down to the gaming population... may DGA come back stronger when that happens. Until then though...

Comment

...MMORPG on?

Comment

I would be an admin but I know sfa about computers now days not to mention people just arent interested in coming for what ever reason I attended the last the lan and the attendence was pittiful. I would love to see it return to what it was like but it won't happen.

I don't have internet at home (i have to go to internet cafes or my sisters place so I enjoy playing all games at lans but they really need to be organised.

but thats just my 2 cents

Comment

g0t TF2 anyone ??

20v20 TF2 LAN .. im keen are you?

Comment

HELL YES!

We need more people to get TF2. Very good game IMHO.

Comment

i think most ofus have it now dont we??

Motherboard
                            CPU
                            RAM
                            HDD
                            Monitor
                            Keyboard
                            Mouse
                            PSU
                            Vid Card
                            TF2

isnt that how you make a gaming pc now?

Comment

lol pretty much, don't forget headset + mic combo.

Comment

work permitting im there

Comment

Working...
                                X