Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi guys, I'm new to DGA, just signed up today,

Running a Dell XPS M2010 Laptop (Don't knock it till you've seen it ), stats are

CPU: Pentium Centrino Duo Core 2.4Ghz
    RAM: 2GB DDR2
    HDD: 2 x 100GB 7200RPM
    GFX: ATI Radeon X1800 256MB

Designed as a "Concept" Laptop by Dell, the system was the only laptop that i could find at the time that sported Wireless Keyboard and mouse as primary human input devices, a 20" Plasma Screen, a dual layer DVD burner, 8 speakers and Subwoofer onboard as well as onboard Card Reader, 4 USB ports, DVI output and Optical Sound outputs as part of the base unit. Got it just over a year ago for $6,500 and been performing great as a Media Center ever since. Got a Logitech G11 Keyboard (didnt need the LCD of the G15) and a G7 mouse to replace the ones that came with the computer to assist when gaming, and a 300GB Maxtor OneTouch II HDD for Data storage, but apart from that the system is still baseline

As far as games go, I've been playing since the time of StreetFighter (the first one, on my old 486) but as far as games go, ive played

Strategy:
    Dark Reign (never played the second one)
    Red alert
    Red Alert 2
    Generals
    StarCraft
    Warcraft
    Company of Heroes

then onto FPS games
    F.E.A.R
    Tom Clancy GRAW and GRAW 2
    Medal of Honour
    CounterStrike: Source
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142

And MMORPG and other RPG's
    World of Warcraft (and TBC Expansion, gave that up about 8 months ago now)
    Vanguard, Saga of Heroes (Gave that up about 3 months ago now)
    Silent Hunter 4 (RPG)

Looking forward to
    Time Shift (by sierra i think)
    Pirates of the Burning Sea (Upcoming MMORPG, release date Jan next year)

Apart from gaming, Im into 4 Wheel driving (more into the touring aspect than the extreme offroad aspect), boating and camping. I work shifts in Darwin, some really odd times so coming to forum meets sometimes won't be possible, but everyones got real life committments anyway.

Anyways, great to meet you, hope to see you all around sometime.

welcome to GU, and enjoy your stay

i suggest you get tf2 and jump into our servers some time so we can greet you properly

Comment

I like holding hands, and long walks on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil View Post
        zomg asl ...

Comment

Originally posted by Evil View Post
          and becasue you bait him as a bot, no he isnt

I met him through darwin4x4.net on one of our outings.

So thats alright .. lets keep it normal eh?

Comment

Thats pretty normal for evil

Comment

Originally posted by LordFury View Post
              Hi guys, I'm new to DGA, just signed up today,

Running a Dell XPS M2010 Laptop (Don't knock it till you've seen it ), stats are

CPU: Pentium Centrino Duo Core 2.4Ghz
              RAM: 2GB DDR2
              HDD: 2 x 100GB 7200RPM
              GFX: ATI Radeon X1800 256MB
              The only problem I ever found with the M2010, is the really underpowered video card, for such an expensive machine. Even my old XPS m1710 has a better video card.

Hopefully the A2010 will remedy that.

Still I don't know if I can get this laptop/desknote through the ATO for salary sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post

I know he's not a bot, his post just looks it should be posted on a dating site.

It's not funny anymore casue i've had explain it.

Comment

Welcome Lord Fury. Man you have a heap of games there.

As Dragon said ger TF2 and we'll see you on the GU servers.

Comment

From an old skooler, welcome to GU

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post

omg - just the person im looking for. Would you like to go for a walk on the beach on Tuesday / Wednesday *till late* :-)

Comment

lol, TF2 hasnt officially been released yet, EB says 25 October... either you guys pre-ordered or... no, you guys wouldnt use torrents... *runs away finds orange box torrent*

Finally got the shits with BF2142 then... been telling myself it would get better, then finally cracked it and done the whole rage/quit/uninstall thingie... downloading bf2 again coz i cant find the install cd (but i can find the 1.4 update and Highway Tampa map pack...) and hopefully can remember my login/password... Love being a commander in BF2...

anyways, see you around.

Oh, and Unseen, is that you Kurt? Plugg3r said I'd find you here

Comment

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Comment

Originally posted by LordFury View Post
                            lol, TF2 hasnt officially been released yet, EB says 25 October... either you guys pre-ordered or... no, you guys wouldnt use torrents... *runs away finds orange box torrent*

Finally got the shits with BF2142 then... been telling myself it would get better, then finally cracked it and done the whole rage/quit/uninstall thingie... downloading bf2 again coz i cant find the install cd (but i can find the 1.4 update and Highway Tampa map pack...) and hopefully can remember my login/password... Love being a commander in BF2...

anyways, see you around.

Oh, and Unseen, is that you Kurt? Plugg3r said I'd find you here
                            Download steam then purchase Orange Box from it. It's legal, cheaper (assuming) and ya get it now , Ohh welcome to GU.

Comment

Got steam (still play CS:Source) and didnt realise how cheap TF2 was without all the crap that comes with the orange box... should have it by the morning and be playing by tomorrow night... what server do you guys normally play on?

Comment

Working...
                              X