DGA - May 17-18th - Rego Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! DGA - May 17-18th - Rego Open

Firstly a thank you has to go out to everybody who's been patiently waiting for the next DGA event.

DGA 2008 - Lan 2
    Presented by THE I.T. SHACK

(No, not a new naming system, I can't remember which one it is... 40 something I think. ^_^')

DATE: Saturday 17th of May to the 18th of May
    TIME: Start will officially be 12PM (Mid-day). Helpers required at 11AM, early setup allowed after setup complete. End time sometime Sunday. Usually 12PM, though pending numbers, should be round up by 2PM at the latest.
    LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.
    FEE: The first 15 entrants will be free! Everybody else is $20 cover charge.
    REGISTRATION: We no longer require registration, however, the page WILL be up shortly. While it's not required any longer, it will help.
    LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

GAMES: At this stage, nothing set in stone, however, games that are popular at the moment in LAN's are Crysis, BF4, Flatout 2, and Supreme Commander.
    We'll be testing throughout the even Need for Speed Pro Street on a LAN as well, so that may be interesting.

CONSOLES: We're also very happy to announce the addition of console support. During the night we'll have a console corner, with a projector, and audio setup, which will be purely for break time style entertainment. The system will be PS3, aided by two dual shock controllers playing Gran Tourismo (or other games if supplied). Please note, no eating or greasy fingers on the controllers.
    Personal consoles are also allowed during the event, along with your own viewing area. As this is a first for us, we'll be interested in what people feel would be appropriate for us to supply to make this a possibility. As it stands, we cannot supply any AV equipment for such things, and if you do with to bring a console, you'll need everything required to run it yourself. We can supply seats as per usual, and a table if needed.
    At this stage, we request you let us know if you intend to bring a console with you. Thus we can ensure you have enough space for it.

FILE SHARING: Information will be provided at the event on how to file share larger files. Some files will be shareable on Bit-torrent as supplied by Neotheo. File sharing is allowed, but alternative sharing methods are suggested for large files (500mb+)

Rules: In general, the rules haven't changed. Still no speakers, and you're responsible for your own equipment.

Helpers: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please feel to email me [email protected].
    Do not PM me, email is much faster. We don't need too many people, four should do it, naturally, the four would be have free entry for the event. (as part of the 15 first free).

Rules are as per previous LAN's and DGAs standard guidelines.
    If you know someone who would be interested in this event, please let them know. We'll be starting an 'advertising compaign' of sorts this coming weekend, but word of mouth counts for a lot up here.
    I'd also like to thank our newest and biggest sponsor The IT Shack for helping us with the running of the next LAN. We're looking forward to working with them now and into the future! Store location is next to the Adult Shop in Casuarina, near the Noodle House and Bob Jane.

Kagetsu
    DGA Vice President.

UPDATE: Official Games List - May be updated as time goes on.

-Deathball
    -Flatour 2
    -Crysis
    -UT3
    -Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (I'll have that to share)
    -CoD4
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kagetsu; 12-05-08, 09:56 AM.

I will be there for sure

Watch out Flatout 2!

Comment

CONSOLES: We're also very happy to announce the addition of console support. During the night we'll have a console corner, with a projector, and audio setup, which will be purely for break time style entertainment. The system will be PS3, aided by two dual shock controllers playing Gran Tourismo (or other games if supplied). Please note, no eating or greasy fingers on the controllers.
      Personal consoles are also allowed during the event, along with your own viewing area. As this is a first for us, we'll be interested in what people feel would be appropriate for us to supply to make this a possibility. As it stands, we cannot supply any AV equipment for such things, and if you do with to bring a console, you'll need everything required to run it yourself. We can supply seats as per usual, and a table if needed.
      At this stage, we request you let us know if you intend to bring a console with you. Thus we can ensure you have enough space for it.
      What about GTA4 on show or to have a play of if anybody has it since it came out just of recent

Comment

If someone has bought it, maybe, but I won't be playing it, or buying it for the PS3.

Comment

I might bring it.

Comment

No worries Dom. ^_^

Comment

ill be there if i get my new computer up and running it will be great

Comment

I can't wait to see it.

Now with parking, is there somewhere secure that we can all park our cars? I don't really want to be parking my car on the street as Im sure others will agree.

Comment

isn't malak like... next to karama???

Comment

There's a carpark outside that's big enough for everybody. There will not however be security.

What we're asking everybody to do is ensure you have no 'temptations' on any seats or visible. The other thing we'd like is for everybody to keep an eye on what's going on outside throughout the night. This is to ensure we can minimise any risk.

What we'll do is look into a security pressence for the evening (no guarentee's though at this stage). If it makes anybody feel better, bring your blunt self defense items with you. We tested out the facility last weekend, and we didn't end up having any trouble. The cold for the most part seems to take care of most of the riff raff. I'll also let the police know.

Also a quick note. I said Battle Field 4 in my original post, however, I did mean Call of Duty 4. ^_^' Sorry, my stupid.

Comment

ahh was going to ask what BF4 was - wondered if Battlefield Heroes had been released on the quiet

annnnnnd I'll be there! woo! only for saturday again tho

Comment

A quick request for information gentlemen (and ladies if there).

Right now, I have the following as listed competition events:

1. Flat Out 2 (one prize for first place, and one for runner up if close enough, as judged by Kagetsu and Neotheo... Unless it's us in the finals, then not)
                        2. COD4 (First prize, and maybe a booby prize for ultimate kill('s))
                        3. Crysis (First prize only)

Is there any other games?
                        For the most part those three games cover Driving game, Team game, and one on many game.
                        I'll have a preliminary game program up by this coming weekend.

REMEMBER PEOPLE! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Comment

is COD4 cheap yet?? or still in the $99 bin?

Comment

I don't know... It's definantly one of those worthwhile games though.

Comment

you know your competing with Elton John.
                              BTW would love to go but warming up the crowd for barnsey that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X