DGA round up - and information on next DGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGA round up - and information on next DGA

Thank you to all the people who gave their time, and energy to help setup and clean up. While it doesn't take long, it certainly sets the mood for the LAN.
    Also thanks to those who participated in the small competition('s) throughout the night. Personally I was very suprised by how fun the Wii was, and am now convinced I need one to smash my Plasma TV with. :p

As far as the LAN goes, it was a generally possitive experience. I'm pleased to say, that while it wasn't perfect, the attitude was more or less there that we're looking for. A friendly environment, with fun games played by everybody.
    We did lack numbers at this LAN. We were hoping for 30-35, but only ended up with 20-25 people. While this was only the start of something new, we'll be making further pushes in the very near future to bring greater attention to the event. I'm Aiming for 50 strong at the next event.

The venue and the power were well tested I feel as well, with no power issues, during the night, though we'll be getting onto the establishment managers regarding the airconditioning. While it didn't get hot, one aircon vent did drip quite a bit.

We're now talking to the venue managers to arrange the next LAN date (currently set for 21-22nd of June) which was a previously scheduled LAN date. Hopefully it'll go through no drama's, but for now, pencil that date into your diaries, or on you reminders.
    For this we'll require help from everybody to spread the word that DGA is back in town under new management.

We'd also like to invite people to comment on DGA in a general meeting to be held on Saturday the 31st of May. Venue is yet to be decided on, but it gives people a chance to have a say in the future of DGA, and how we can make it more exciting.

Again, thanks to everybody coming to the LAN, and hopefully the future LAN's as well.
Working...
X