• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! DGA 53 - Jan 2009

DGA 53
    First official DGA for 2009

Sponsored by:
    Browns Mart NT, The IT Shack, Computers For You and Projection Plus.

DATE: Saturday 24th January - Sunday 25th January.

TIME: Start will officially be 11AM. Helpers required at 10AM, early computer setup will be allowed after the lan setup is complete.
    The Lan will end at Sunday 4PM at the latest ( the lan may finish earlyer depending on the lans end of day numbers )

LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.

FEE: $20 Admission.
    SPECIAL: Two for One entry for those who bring a friend who's not been to a DGA in the past.

Though registration isn't required, we do request that if you plan to attend, registration will guarantee a seat for you.
    You can reserve a seat for yourself and who ever you decide to bring along. We cannot guarantee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.

REGISTER HERE: Darwin Gamers Association (registration will be up shortly)

LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

FILE SHARING: See the white board when you enter the venue. More details on the a local web server.

HELPERS: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please add a comment to this thread. We open the doors to people wishing to help us at 10am if you come early and not help you will be asked to wait outside in the heat/rain until we are ready to start.
    Please note, helpers MAY bring their computers in prior to assisting, but may not setup on tables until the lan is setup enough.

speakers / no speakers
    RULES: We shall permit speakers. They are limited to fit on top of your allocated space and are no more than two desktop speakers (or monitor speakers alternatively). If you have a small sub with these speakers, it may be placed on the floor but must not impact other gamers. When gaming slows down, usually around 1AM, we ask that speakers be turned down to bare minimum if used for a crowd of people (ie, watching Anime, or very quiet music). If on your own, use headphones.
    Excessive noise will not be tolerated, and is at the discretion of DGA staff.
    All other rules will remain in place as per DGA's general rules.

Time Table: (its back and hopefully bringing the fun back into it)
    A general note. Due to the nature of these games... No more late entries will be tolerated. Please be sure to be preloaded for these events if you wish to compete. Failure to enter a game because of pre loading issues, will not be permissible to delay the official tournament start times. (ie. you snooze you loose).
    12pm
    babo vilent / armagetron

1.30 pm
    quake 3 / painkiller

3 pm
    company of heroes / Supreme commander

5pm till about 6PM
    Savage 2 , will be a human vs beast tournament the winners are decided by special circumstances, aka best heals, the most constructed ect. after a team has won the game, the winning circumstance will be pulled out from a hat to decide the winner.

6 - 6:30pm - 7:30pm FOOD

8pm - 9PM
    Trackmania Nations. Map rotation will be a mix of Nadeo short maps a few tricks and several multi lap tracks. The map rotation will be setup before the lan. Prizes are going to be for each 5 minute map. Chupa Chups are BACK so expect fun.

9:30 Pm till the comp finishes.
    SOF2 Comp free for all DeathMatch.

12-9 am
    Free time

PRIZES:
    - There are no prizes as of yet. (besides chubba chubs)

NOTES:
    Registration Fee's.
    DGA at the moment will not be implementing any fee's or membership discounts. We apologize for any confusion this has caused.
    We are currently working towards an updated website which will be online soon - looking at a relaunch for 2009. You may see more shortly.

Time Tables.
    While it's not mandatory to be in any tournaments, we do highly recommend it, simply for the chance of winning. The time table at DGA51 wasn't adhered to at all last time, due to extensive issues that showed up on the day. This was a once off, and DGA52 timetable will be strictly adhered to.
    IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOUR COMPUTER IS RUNNING THE GAME IN TIME FOR THE TOURNAMENT! If your computer isn't setup and ready to go, do NOT come to the admins and ask for us to hold up, instead, be ready five minutes earlier. If the admins are involved in the tournament, and you can SEE they are playing, do not disturb them. This is a courtesy. Outside of tournament time, we're at your call. The only exceptions to this rule is if there are injuries or emergencies that require attending immediately.

Information.
    DGA now has a white board, which we'll write up a short selection of quick information, that is often frequently asked of us. This will hopefully sort out some of the issues people experience during the night (ie, where do I get this? Dinner etc).

Your Computer.
    While we are open to everybody, we do ask that people ensure they can RUN at least the tournament games that they wish to enter into prior to the LAN.
    A good place to start is by checking the website for the games, or doing a google for "game name" and "specs" which will most likely show what is needed. If you don't understand what it's telling you, then check with a friend who does understand.
    Ensure you also have space. The reality is that at LAN's, you usually loose around 10-50gbytes of space either with installation of infrequently played games or simply copying of files.
    If you're looking for what to use at the LAN, this is a good bet on what is a generally affordable system by todays standards.

Dual Core CPU (At least Athlon X2 Cpu) with AGP or PCI Express card, with equivalent power to X800 Radeon, or 7800 nVidia GPU's, with 2 gigs of memory (minimum) updated drivers and decent mouse and keyboard. At least 10 gigs free at any one time either on an external HDD, or internal HDD or memory stick. A computer of this level will defiantly be able to run Savage 2 and Soldier of Fortune 2.

If you think you need an upgrade, our two main sponsors, COMPUTERS FOR YOU & The IT SHACK are both excellent providers of complete computer systems, upgrades, and components. They may also offer discounts to DGA gamers if you've registered for the next LAN (check above for links).
    Last edited by RakeR; 31-12-08, 01:17 PM.

I wouldn't mind helping out. Haven't been to a DGA in a while.

Comment

Get in contact with DragonXR if you are keen.

Comment

oh there will be prizez better believe it ^_^ Will have a sift through the store 2 see what we have and pm u laterz ^_^

Comment

Sounds kinky. I'm in.

Comment

that's what you have said for the last 3 lans and you didn't show luz

Comment

Originally posted by PapaDom View Post
              that's what you have said for the last 3 lans and you didn't show luz
              I was just chillin' wit mates drinkin' a fourty and tryin' to get with this phat biatch.

No, seriously, shit came up... I'm sorry.

But it's not like ya'll NEED me or anything. I typically get ignored by everybody and then get told by that one random uptight asshole to turn my headphones down. =P

And most of ya'll are just PC gamers... I'm an oldschool console gamer gone bad, I'd be guaranteed to show up if someone challenged me at Super Mario Bros. 3... heh...

Anyway, yeah, if I get a new heatsink and can be bothered to tighten the screws on the side of my case in < 20 days, I'll be there to play some FPS shit. =P And Warcraft.... -.-
              Speaking of Warcraft III ... Google 'Island Defense', download it, play it on Battle.net and learn. It's better than DOTA and ENFOS put together. It's NOT a Tower Defense clone. I'll upload a video of me playing it on YouTube when I get unshaped (Username: LuzTeTT).

Originally posted by MSN Conversation
              Krystin says (8:03 PM):
              *Dom was not having a go at you bro on the forums... Text dont show emotion
              - LuzTeTT ? says (8:04 PM):
              *Yeah dude.
              *Neither was I.
              Krystin says (8:04 PM):
              *Cool cool.. just looked a little heated O
              - LuzTeTT ? says (8:04 PM):
              *Ha.
              *Nah.
              *Dom's awesome.
              *You're all awesome.
              *Lol.
              Krystin says (8:04 PM):
              *I feel loved.
              Yeah... nothing serious intended. =P Desperate for Super Mario Bros. 3... lol!
              Last edited by LuzTeTT; 04-01-09, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I'm an oldschool console gamer gone bad, I'd be guaranteed to show up if someone challenged me at Super Mario Bros. 3
                ZOMG CHALLENGE!!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONE

Comment

Originally posted by r00t|{it View Post
                  ZOMG CHALLENGE!!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONE
                  Lolwut? PS2 controllers okay? (Controller mapping set up to match the SNES.)
                  PS2:SNES
                  ● = A
                  Χ = B
                  ■ = Y
                  ▲ = X
                  Last edited by LuzTeTT; 05-01-09, 11:51 PM.

Comment

can't I just bring muh snes?

Comment

Originally posted by r00t|{it View Post
                      can't I just bring muh snes?
                      Well in that case I'll bring my Wii - you have to use Classic Controllers.

(They're pretty much SNES controllers with joysticks.)

Comment

k kool u got more than one controller or should I bring muh own?

Comment

sif have the LAN on my 21st....

Comment

sif not

Comment

It's always someones freaking birthday. That's just piss poor management, if you were so unorganized to be born on a date that coincides with a LAN than you forfeit your right to having friends at your party. So you can either come to LAN or drink at home alone!

Comment

Working...
                              X