No announcement yet.

Tom Clanys HAWX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PC one is a bit iffy, specially with mouse and keyboard, plus the targetting is annoying when your trying to take out the planes before the ground targets.

Though still looking forward to this game as it was fun playing the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagetsu View Post
      YouTube - Su-37 extreme manuevrability demo

I beg to differ. ^_~ Some of the new fighter aircraft have vectored thrust... Enabling some incredible high G manouvres.

Not saying the game is realistic, (haven't played it yet) but so long as it doesn't fly like that crappy Atari game I shouldn't have bought, then it'll be okay.
      Thats actually very similar to what you can do in game.
      Im a little shocked to be honest.

Comment

The technology has been arround for a while, however, actually employing it in a useable platform... As far as I'm aware, the Euro fighter and the Russian SU's are pretty much the only aircraft that make significant use of it. ^_~

Comment

that's because american pilots would get out and look for someone to sue for whiplash

Comment

In mother Russia, whiplash sues you!

Comment

anyone else getting this tomorrow?

Comment

only if i have unprotected sex with a hooker tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Kagetsu View Post
                  YouTube - Su-37 extreme manuevrability demo

I beg to differ. ^_~ Some of the new fighter aircraft have vectored thrust... Enabling some incredible high G manouvres.

Not saying the game is realistic, (haven't played it yet) but so long as it doesn't fly like that crappy Atari game I shouldn't have bought, then it'll be okay.
                  Already quite amazing what can be pulled off without vectored thrust.

F16 9g turns look bloody painful when you see them in person.

There's also the super hornet, particularly when you chuck in one awesome test pilot. .

Didn't like HAWX too much. Although if it gets other people playing a flight 'sim', then it's worth it for the multiplayer. Not much point playing a game when most of the players can't even stay in the air. :p

Comment

Originally posted by PapaDom View Post
                    Already preordered

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      Already quite amazing what can be pulled off without vectored thrust.

F16 9g turns look bloody painful when you see them in person.

There's also the super hornet, particularly when you chuck in one awesome test pilot. YouTube - Boeing FA-18 EF Super Hornet.

Didn't like HAWX too much. Although if it gets other people playing a flight 'sim', then it's worth it for the multiplayer. Not much point playing a game when most of the players can't even stay in the air. :p
                      It's not even a sim it feels alot like Ace Combat.

Comment

Pre-loaded baby. ^_^

Comment

niice

DAmn bandwidth limit stopping me from getting it over steam.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaDom View Post
                            Preordered it

Comment

Are you guys serious? I can't believe so many people are buying this POS game.

I'm only speaking of my experience with the demo, but it was shit-house. I have't played a fun flight combat title since Ace Combat 3 on the Dreamcast.

Feel free to recommend some (no, not HAWX).

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                                Are you guys serious? I can't believe so many people are buying this POS game.

I'm only speaking of my experience with the demo, but it was shit-house. I have't played a fun flight combat title since Ace Combat 3 on the Dreamcast.

Feel free to recommend some (no, not HAWX).
                                it depends on the user, seriously i have personally been waiting for an areal shooter for some time.

and not a sim where it could take 10 min just to get off the landing strip, i mean your in the air, you have a target... and you destroy it asap, i just hope it has multilayer capabilities because this type of gameplay is perfect for areal battle royals.

either way +1 to buying the game

Comment

Working...
                                X