Tom Clanys HAWX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe that warm english beer is clouding your judgement. :p
    It wasn't perfect, but it's a fast paced game that will work even better in a LAN environment... That's the only reason I'm buying it.

So long as I can play with the SU47 (which is fortunately in the game) then I'll be okay.

Comment

I make a point of not drinking English beer. They're almost always bad.

Comment

the game has co-op, that's enough for me - to wait for it to be on sale on Steam.

but yeah, as mentioned, it's only a bad game if you want MS Flight Sim XXIV. Though their default joystick mappings for the rudder controls were stupid. Beyond that, highspeed fun. It's quake in the air.

Comment

The Xbox 360 controll works out of the box supprisingly. Very easy with the auto align up function. But put the game into hard mode then you start to run out of bullets if you miss. Try using the cannon some times...

Comment

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one with issues... It's been refered to as the Dead Zone issue. (All over Steam). I also noticed last night that I'd been playing the DX9 version all along and the DX10 version doesn't work (though apprently a NEW steam update happened this morning which apparently resolves that issue).

Comment

Co-op is awesome
              360 pad does a good job. Like looking around the cockpit with the 2nd stick.
              Last edited by Kawolski; 30-03-09, 10:22 PM.

Comment

i know it kicks a#@ i just installed it on windows 7 and it runs better in directX 10.1 with Beta nvidia drivers

Comment

sorry but all I heard was blah blah. Got a twitter account yet?

Comment

i wasn't aware that the gtx285 had directx 10.1 support.

Comment

There's no major leaps with DX10.1 over DX10 in any case... From what I can tell, it's only making a few controls in it mandatory over option in the case of DX10. (Some may recall DX6 vs DX6.1)

Well the DX10 version works for me in any case, an update was released the day before the LAN for HAWX to allow it to... That said, the game still gives me the shits a little... Maybe Flight Sim X (which has network support ie, LAN) could be used in future... ^_~

Comment

I tried playing the demo but it just crashed my sh!t...

Weird.

*shrugs

Comment

again... your Belkin?

Comment

i just benched HAWX with Fraps on Windows 7 64bit its gone up by about 19FPS at maxed Nvidia Drivers 181.71 Beta WDDM 1.1
                            Well all my games now run faster and i can run some older ones i couldn't on vista.

Comment

Working...
                            X