No announcement yet.

DGA 55 - Friday 27th March - Saturday 28th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im used to 500-600 ping servers i used lag to my advantage in quake 3 arena ad team arena but i found quake 3 ginda off on my video card it runs kinda weird like FPS Drops and so forth Most likely its the new Drivers 182.08 WDDM Vista Drivers im not going back to older ones i have allways been up to date

ill do some nvidia Driver tweaking for quake 3 profile and see what i can do with it or use some console addons and tweaks

Comment

you know what, how about we don't play L4D?

Every LAN I've been to has been a huge L4D fest and those who get left out of the 8 players usually pack it in for the night.

Think about games that you can get the majority of the LAN playing together, instead of making it segregated through restricted room sizes.

Comment

yeah, what about Farcry 1, or something like that..

Anyway, night all ...12 am :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by PapaDom View Post
          you know what, how about we don't play L4D?

Every LAN I've been to has been a huge L4D fest and those who get left out of the 8 players usually pack it in for the night.

Think about games that you can get the majority of the LAN playing together, instead of making it segregated through restricted room sizes.
          verry true, maybe at like 2 am but otherwise... not enough players...

perhaps some 2142 action ;D

Comment

mmmm 2142 will there be enough players at DGA/Who want to play it. :-D
            the list of oldies i put up might be fun

Comment

i've said it before, i'll say it again - Rune: Halls of Valhalla. Awesome in mass multiplayer. should support near 50 players at least on modern hardware. there's nothing like hacking a player's head off then using it to kill them again when they respawn

Comment

I love a game of 2142 weither it be 8v8. But for the people who do not have it currently installed it takes a while to patch...

Comment

I say Tribes 2. Massive maps with multiplayer vehicles... Awesome fun. ^_^ Stuff the graphics which aren't great, the game itself rocks.

Comment

tribes 2 ftw

Comment

lol i never played any of them

Comment

I reckon we should give Unreal Tournament 3 with the new Titan Pack a go.
                        Its got a new gamemode I think might go down well. Its a hyrbid of free for all, and team deathmatch. The teams u are put on are temporary. Each kill your team gets is put in a pot. You can then choose to betray your team mates by killing them and taking whats in the pot . There's more to it than that with retribution etc. but that about sums it up. Only 1 person can win the game.
                        I think the backstabbing aspect would be good in a LAN enviroment. (cept for any REAL LIFE retribution )
                        Its also instagib so it will be good for new or casual players (not much of a learning curve).
                        Its called betrayal and theres a good guide to it in this vid.

The only downside is it could be a bit complicated for those that havent seen the vid. But I will have it, along with everything else needed to play UT3, shared at the lan.

Comment

to install just give ISO and then install then dump the folder from lothar,DragonXR or somone with it updated and bam Ready

I Do the same with oblivion,Masseffect,quake wars and other games i play cause i install windows every month or two

UT3 OH YEA WOOOOOOOOOOOOO do CTF/onslaught

Comment

As Kagetsu has said (I think, maby it was a face to face discussion)and now im going to re-afirm. At the moment games will be decided on the night by a majority / minority vote so to say. I really want to play a game of anything but making shure that as many people as possible can play with me. Meaning Left 4 Dead and also Flatout are not hight contendors only alowing 8 people maxium in the game at any one time. For a alturnate to Flatout I recomend GRID as it has just as good physics and similar gameplay minus the fun eject your person from the car maps.

As allways we are not sure of the numbers going to rock up at the lan and has been so for the last well year or two we most likely will never get to play games like BF2 and 2142 as they require large numbers of players to have a fun game, if I use the waaaay back machiene on my mind DGA 33 or 34 (can't remember) we had an awesome game of BF2 pretty much the whole night. We had roughly 25v25 in one game with people doing what they like...

This post is not ment to be negative in anyway although it may appear to be like that.

Known favorites have been over the last 6 months are Vagas 2 and Farcry 2 on FFA or TDM. Alltime Fav's have been CS:S (we allways seem to play it some time) Quake 3 (Arena or whatever it is called)

Comment

I say FC2 & R6:V2 for now and we'll work the other ones around on the day.

Comment

my WIFI died lol have to use my old Dell inspiron 600M with a PCMCIA card wich means 10-20ms on ping

Comment

Working...
                                X