X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGA 60 - 22nd May - 23rd May - Rego Open

DGA 60 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Sponsored by:
    Browns Mart NT, The IT Shack, Computers For You and Projection Plus.

DATE: Friday 22nd May - Saturday 23rd May.

TIME: Start will officially be 7PM. Helpers required at 6PM, early computer setup will be allowed after the lan setup is complete.
    The Lan will officially end at Saturday 7PM but may end later (the lan may finish later depending on the lans end of day numbers).
    If you decide to stay to the last minute, it'd be a great help if you can assist in the packing up of equipment.

LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.

FEE: $20 Admission.
    SPECIAL: Entry gets you a bonus Softdrink.

Though registration isn't required, we do request that if you plan to attend, registration will guarantee a seat for you.
    You can reserve a seat for yourself and who ever you decide to bring along. We cannot guarantee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.

REGISTER HERE: Darwin Gamers Association

LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

FILE SHARING: See the white board when you enter the venue. More details on the a local web server.

HELPERS: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please add a comment to this thread. We open the doors to people wishing to help us at 10am if you come early and not help you will be asked to wait outside in the heat/rain until we are ready to start.
    Please note, helpers MAY bring their computers in prior to assisting, but may not setup on tables until organisation of the venue is complete.

SPEAKERS: We shall permit speakers. They are limited to fit on top of your allocated space and are no more than two desktop speakers (or monitor speakers alternatively). If you have a small sub with these speakers, it may be placed on the floor but must not impact other gamers. When gaming slows down, usually around 1AM, we ask that speakers be turned down to bare minimum if used for a crowd of people (ie, watching Anime, or very quiet music). If on your own, use headphones.
    Excessive noise will not be tolerated, and is at the discretion of DGA staff on what is or isn't excessive.
    All other rules will remain in place as per DGA's general rules and regulations.

TIME TABLE: To be set on the evening.
    Games Included at the LAN are but not limitted to:

+ Track Mania
    + Grid
    + Rainbow 6 - Vegas
    + Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
    + Left 4 Dead
    and many more.

PRIZES: Prizes supplied by Computers For You, The IT Shack, and DGA donors.

NOTES: DGA will be looking into membership in the future. We're still drafting plans on what we hope to achieve etc in regards to this. Please note that all old membership fee's, plans and arrangements are nullified, and/or expired.

Information: DGA now has a white board, which we'll write up a short selection of quick information, that is often frequently asked of us. This will hopefully sort out some of the issues people experience during the night (ie, where do I get this? Dinner etc).

Your Computer
    In recent years computers have jumped leaps and bounds a lot faster then in the past. What this means for us is we require faster and more powerful computers just to run the standard run-of-mill games.
    Here's a quick guide to know if you're computer is capable of running the software at most LAN's.

Graphics Card: At least an nVidia 6 series graphics card, in the moderately high end, or even a mid range modern 9 series. Common gaming cards are: 9800GT, 8800GT, 7800GTX, 6800GTX... ATI have equivalents too. Please use Google to see if your system can run a game in the 'games' list.

MY COMPUTER CAN'T RUN THE GAMES!
    This is an all too common problem that has been occuring lately, and has caused problems for everybody involved. We admins will try and help as much as possible where we can, but please be aware that we can only help you so much. We're there to game too.
    It is YOUR responsibility to ensure your computer will run the game when required.
    DGA is currently working in conjunction with COMPUTERS FOR YOU and THE IT SHACK to create specific gaming systems, that will be available as a complete package at $2000. These machines are both capable of running every game that we play at the LAN's, and offers an entry into modified computers, as well as being in a package with plenty of room for expansion. COMPUTERS FOR YOU currently has an ATI based system available, which offers future expansion for Cross Fire, where as THE IT SHACK will offer an SLI sollution. Both computers are roughly the equivalent, and is purely up to you what you go for.

!!!It is your responsibility to ensure you computer is in working order!!!

-----------------------------------
    IMPORTANT
    Please keep your area clean. If you have rubbish, don't leave it on the table tops, instead put all rubbish in the bin. Try and avoid crumbs and food scraps falling onto the floor, and if you should, please clean it up right away.
    Last edited by RakeR; 11-05-09, 06:57 PM. Reason: Rego Open and Fixed

Just a note that Kagetsu forgot.

There is a COD: 4 FFA tournament. It will begin at 9PM (at latest 9:30pm) Pending numbers it will be 2 or 3 separate servers on a Map rotation decided on the night.

We will be running patch 1.7. Details on the patches will be on the internal web server for ease of access.

Comment

I'll be sure to show up, Quake 3 is a must, we had a allright turn out with that last time i went. count me in

Comment

what about q3 team arena. That was good for some ctf action

Comment

Originally posted by Longtom View Post
          what about q3 team arena. That was good for some ctf action
          great idea

i would love to get some old fashioned ctf going

Comment

im up for that!!

theres also moded quake 2 CTF

Comment

good stuff, I've been making quake 3 scripts and stuff for the lan, i'd love to play some team area, i'll be bringing someone by the name of "REVEX" to the LAN, good q3 and ut3 player, I'll probly be there Friday arvo,

look forward to it.... Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful Thinking! View Post
                good stuff, I've been making quake 3 scripts and stuff for the lan, i'd love to play some team area, i'll be bringing someone by the name of "REVEX" to the LAN, good q3 and ut3 player, I'll probly be there Friday arvo,

look forward to it.... Peace
                ill be there, just let me know if your up for a game.

ill be wearing one of the admin t-shits

ps. i hope you can play cod4

Comment

yeah i'll be up for cod4. but i don't have it on me, I do have a downloaded copy tho, lol...
                  i guess you'll know me, Iam the Wishful haha. work something out for cod4 tomorrow, gtg right now seeyas

Comment

yeah i'll be up for cod4. but i don't have it on me, I do have a downloaded copy tho, lol...
                    i guess you'll know me, Iam the Wishful haha. work something out for cod4 tomorrow, gtg right now seeyas

Comment

im doing an all day level run for it (COD4) :p

Comment

count me out, bass in the grass.
                        darwin only has 2 or 3 events a year surely it wouldnt be hard to schedule around them?

Comment

Count me in for half a day Steve ill come down and support DGA even tho i probably dont own 1 game on your list except cod4

dude bass in the grass have crappy bands on

ill go to bass in the grass when they get a real band EG slipknot

Comment

also - bass in the grass is saturday at 11am onwards - dga starts friday night

Comment

im comming Dragon meet your maker MWAHAHAHAHHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X