Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DGA where should it go? (for everyone who has partaken and run dga)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    The vibe was pretty good with DGA, but it died, I will attempt to bring along several friends to the next one and see if we have any success
    so you are going to organize a game/match-up outside of a schedule the event already has put together?

even though it is true there is no official schedule, and i'm all for you organizing your events,
    this is a perfect example of what i have encountered in the last 2 years.

if we organize a schedule, another group or person usually decides they don't want to play.
    with the limited numbers we have already, this drags the "group gaming" experience.
    Fine if somebody doesn't want to play a certain game, but it becomes a problem when a group has the same mentality and attempts to persuade other attendee's to play there game.
    which usually ends up with my self or the other organizers just giving up. (were not your parents)

for the organizers to attempt to make a good playlist for everyones taste, we are having to choose from the massive amount of games that exist in todays gaming industry, Its not a easy task anymore.

Thus we have been encouraging groups at DGA to schedule there own mini events, all we ask for is a heads up so we can organize around your plans

So when you have organised what game you want to play and compete in Bald Eagle, or any one else for that matter.
    just throw up a private message on the DGA website. We will get back to you and setup your event as best as we can.
    Last edited by dragon xr; 20-03-11, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Just offer tits and cash that will attract gamers to one game.

Comment

Boze and hookers lol for winning

Comment

Originally posted by dragon xr View Post
          so you are going to organize a game/match-up outside of a schedule the event already has put together?

even though it is true there is no official schedule, and i'm all for you organizing your events,
          this is a perfect example of what i have encountered in the last 2 years.

if we organize a schedule, another group or person usually decides they don't want to play.
          with the limited numbers we have already, this drags the "group gaming" experience.
          Fine if somebody doesn't want to play a certain game, but it becomes a problem when a group has the same mentality and attempts to persuade other attendee's to play there game.
          which usually ends up with my self or the other organizers just giving up. (were not your parents)

for the organizers to attempt to make a good playlist for everyones taste, we are having to choose from the massive amount of games that exist in todays gaming industry, Its not a easy task anymore.

Thus we have been encouraging groups at DGA to schedule there own mini events, all we ask for is a heads up so we can organize around your plans

So when you have organised what game you want to play and compete in Bald Eagle, or any one else for that matter.
          just throw up a private message on the DGA website. We will get back to you and setup your event as best as we can.
          Ok, here are my list of games I think we should list on the white board, we will do a pole on what games people like to play on the whiteboard:

Fun and games:

Quake 3
          Armagetron advanced
          Counter-Strike: source
          Battleships (war3 mod)
          starcraft (preference of 1 or 2)
          COD4(original or Promod)
          Left 4 Dead (peference of 1 or 2)

List of games to play in tournaments:
          Quake 3 (dueling format)
          Counter-Strike: source (teams of 5)
          Armagetron Advanced
          Starcraft 1 or 2 (1v1 or 2v2 format)

I hope this helps, BTW, I wont be at DGA till about 10pm, Ive got work from 7pm - 10pm, but in future LANS I will help organise them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Eagle View Post
            Ok, here are my list of games I think we should list on the white board, we will do a pole on what games people like to play on the whiteboard:

Fun and games:

Quake 3
            Armagetron advanced
            Counter-Strike: source
            Battleships (war3 mod)
            starcraft (preference of 1 or 2)
            COD4(original or Promod)
            Left 4 Dead (peference of 1 or 2)

List of games to play in tournaments:
            Quake 3 (dueling format)
            Counter-Strike: source (teams of 5)
            Armagetron Advanced
            Starcraft 1 or 2 (1v1 or 2v2 format)

I hope this helps, BTW, I wont be at DGA till about 10pm, Ive got work from 7pm - 10pm, but in future LANS I will help organise them.
            Sounding very nice.
            +1 Q3A and even more +1 for Dueling Q3A

Comment

DGA  I signed up when I got back to Australia, fully committed to attending once again! I think my last DGA might have been about 20
              But for some reason you kept holding them when I was out of town/away
              And now I am off overseas again midnight tonight ><
              When I get back I am happy to help. I miss it!
              Does anyone play League of Legends? Or HoN?

Comment

Working...
              X