DGA MMXi Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! DGA MMXi Echo

wrap up on DGA MMXi Delta and the gallery.

Now for the 1st time in quite a while we are going to have a Saturday Event and we are packing the timetable with tons of games, some competitions and great prizes from our Sponsors.

So we need everyone who is in Darwin and the surrounds to come down on Saturday 1st of October from 11:30AM to be ready for all your favourite Multiplayer LAN Games.

REGISTRATION

The registration is looking a bit light so we hope this post will kick some excitement into your life and prepare you and your friends for another great event. Register NOW

ENTRY $30 INCLUDES LUNCH

Admission Fee will be $25 and for an extra $5 lunch which will be included. Lunch will be a BBQ sausage sizzle, so we will have enough food for everyone to eat at 1PM.

Dinner will be Dominos Pizza which will be order during the event to be ready by 7PM.

Drinks can be purchase during the event: 3 for $5 or $2 separately

GAMESCOMPETITIONS

Trackmania will feature a custom track by our one and only Kagestu. Details about this competition will be available at the event

The console will be making a big return and will feature a competition. Details will be available at the event.

TIMETABLEPlease head over to DGA MMXi Echo - Darwin Gamers Association to view the full post which includes the prizes and a lot more information about the event.

Awesome stuff, Bald Eagle lets me know something about you wanting to setup Q3 CA Comp/Game. I already have most of it setup from MMXI Charlie. Best bet is probly OSP or Rocket Arena 3 for the CA game mode.

Comment

Thanks Wishful,

Anyway you can setup a server with CA mode that would be great.

Also let us know what our other members will need to make sure they can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful Thinking! View Post
        Best bet is probly OSP or Rocket Arena 3 for the CA game mode.
        And with that being said, for this I decided to go with RocketArena 3 (RA3), as the Clan Arena feature in OSP isn't like QuakeLive.. QL's Clan Arena takes alot from RA3 which is designed for the CA gametype. You can download RA3 1.76 From Internode at: Games On Net :: Rocket Arena 3 v1.76 for Quake 3

The mod comes with maps of which will be defaultly used... When connecting to a RA3 server, although you can see it within the main Q3 server browser, you will get a mis-match version error, so you will manually need to start the mod via Menu/Mods, or start the Icon it leaves on your desktop. Apart from CA, I would also like to do CTF or other forms of team games.

//-----RECORDINGS
        If you want an easy way to record a Q3 demo without the hassle of typing the commands. Here is a basic script that can do it at the push of a button.

All you need to do to use it, is start Q3 (And load the mod you want it to work with) and in console (by pressing ` which is left of the 1 key", simply bind it to a key such as

\bind <key> exec record.cfg
        \bind <key> exec stoprecord.cfg

it will echo you a message in Green if it's recording, or Red if it has stopped recording, the text of what it says or any of it's features can be edited within Notepad or any text editor.

NOTE: it is not automatic, so you will need to press your bound key at the start during Warmup and press the stop key when viewing end scoreboard.

Record Configs: http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/80177746/file.html

Comment

i wont be there til sometime after 4 - someone save me a seat!

also - dom, DNR, and anyone else with it: SPACE MARINE MUST HAZ BE PLAYED!

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
            i wont be there til sometime after 4 - someone save me a seat!

also - dom, DNR, and anyone else with it: SPACE MARINE MUST HAZ BE PLAYED!
            Im game will probably be my last DGA as well so must get my gaming on hardcore will be early as possible

Comment

Working...
            X