Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! DGA MMXi Foxtrot Wrap Up

Good Evening GU,

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all of our members for supporting LANning in Darwin for 2011.

This event was our last for the year and it ended on a great high.

Now foxtrot wasn't smooth sailing as we had liked and the numbers were less then we expected or that had registered.

Due to booking issues with the people using the location again, we started late, however everyone who turned up while we setup received a $10 discount on the entry. Thats right a 40% discount for the great support our member provided.

The weather took a turn for the worst and pelted down which we believe reduced the numbers a bit. However we had a great volunteer to get some more ice.

AGM

As you may have been aware we held our Annual General Meeting on the night, please check out our 2011 AGM post for details on how that turned out.

COMPETITION

We didn't have an official competition setup for the night however we were very fortunate that our sponsor Harvey Norman was generous enough to provide us:
    • 8x XBOX 360 4GB Consoles
    • 8x 27" Display Monitors
    • 8x Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 XBOX Games
    Now it seems this event was slated for disaster after disaster because we didn't pickup all the required equipment, like the HDMI Cables to pair the Consoles with the monitor. Our good friend Kagestu left them behind. Luckily we had 2 spares, plus I had one with me and one of our members allowed us to swap out his for a DVI Cable, this meant we were able to setup 4 network linked consoles for gaming.

Having access to these consoles we created a fun 3 round Free 4 All match with the last round being the 1st & 2nd Place winners from each round.

It is hard to describe the fierce competition that was fought hard by each entrant vying for the two prizes up for grabs, however I can say it was a very close game.
    • 1st Place - Razer Deathadder Gaming Mouse - Donated by IT Shack - Won by WaxxKilla
    • 2nd Place - Creative Headphones - Donated by Cut Price Computers - Won by xXdarrynXx
    To really put the pressure on we sent in our resident competition champ DragonXR to make the entrants work hard for the prizes. Overall DragonXR did come first however we adjusted the positions for the two winners above.

DOOR & LUCKY DRAW PRIZES

During the night and after a few games of Battlefield 3, Quake 3, COD MW3 and Saints Row: The Third we draw the Door Prize with was a Logitech MK550 Keyboard and Mouse Combo donated by Cut Price Computers. We also draw two more Prizes donated by Cut Price Computer which were 2x Creative Soundblaster XFi Sound Cards:

WINNERS
    • Door Prize: Crionan
    • Lucky Draw: xXdarrynXx
    • Lucky Draw: Jam
    EVENT STATISTICS
    • Members attended: 16
    • Games Played:
      • Battlefield 3
      • Quake 3 Arena
      • Saints Row: The Third
      • COD MW3
    • Consoles: 8 x XBOX 360 with 8 x 27" Monitors with MW3
    • Photos Taken: 29
    • Winners of Prizes: 4
    • Hours of Gaming: 7
    • Fun: Shit Loads
    Thank you again to all those who attended and provided assistance setting up and for those that missed out, we really look forward to seeing you down at these events in 2012.

Registration for the 2012 Events will be up in the new year so please look out for our MMXii LAN Events.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you all back next year.

OTHER STUFF

Check out the Event Gallery for Foxtrot
    Here is the Presentation for the Event also.

DON'T FORGET
    You may view the latest post at DGA MMXi Foxtrot Wrap Up - Darwin Gamers Association as this has been minimised.

Statistics for Q3A?.. do tell

Comment

I did want to go to this dga. But due to getting out of hospital I wasn't able to

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful Thinking! View Post
        Statistics for Q3A?.. do tell
        Sorry Wishful you had to be there to receive updates on Q3A Stats.

Also we played CTF too, damn you missed out again.

No actually we played some CA with players receiving 999 HP and 999 Armour. It was heaps of fun just railing and rocketing each other for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
          I did want to go to this dga. But due to getting out of hospital I wasn't able to
          Bucky we look forward to seeing you there throughout 2012 then

Comment

Originally posted by RakeR View Post
            Sorry Wishful you had to be there to receive updates on Q3A Stats.

Also we played CTF too, damn you missed out again.

No actually we played some CA with players receiving 999 HP and 999 Armour. It was heaps of fun just railing and rocketing each other for ages.
            hehe, I think if I went then it would of turned out a little different. people get turned away when they see pure pwnage (:. all you need to do is get me the logfile and I can see what I can do for the statistics..
            Last edited by Wishful Thinking!; 09-05-18, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X