Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! Darwin Gamers 2012 - Looking for Admin Crew

Good Evening GU,

Im posting in reverse order at the moment.

I have just completed a massive revamp of the website layout and would like to know what you think.

We are eagerly looking for at least 6 of our community who attend DGA and who support it to put you hands up for 2012.

Our goal this year is to get us back on track to host an Epicly Massive EVO Event and we know it can be done we just need the collective power of great minds and competitive gamers.

Please let us know if you are interested.

Arrangement can be made and factored in where convenient to give you no reasons for not wanting to be involved and make DGA succeed.

We want to make all the previous and current gamers of DGA proud to be apart of this great community to get back on top as it was under the lead of:
    • TN1
    • Clackers
    • CrazyC
    • Eater of Souls
    • Rec
    • Overdrive
    These great leaders of the past created and grow DGA from just a few good friends to nearly 300 at the Evolution Events.

Please comment, tweet, facebook, email us to be part of this great institution.

Best of Luck to everyone in 2012 and we will see you at our next LAN Event.

The site from the nav down looks fine. Quite good with its simplicity actually.

The banner on the other hand is awful. I don't know what's going on there. In Chrome it looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dga.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	597347

Comment

Comic sans. Fucking seriously.

Get rid of that background with that hideous font and get some shading/gradient/dimension shit going in the DGA logo and you'll be a-ok. It will looks sweet.

Comment

Top banner looks fine for me (also on Chrome).

Text looks too big and I agree about the background - the lines, thick on the left, think on the right looks weird.

It would also look better if the Youtube embed was within the brown margin line you have.

Name:	DGA.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	597348

Comment

Just did a refresh, looks much better.

Comment

Unrelated - but in the photo album DGA #4; theres a pic of boobies on a desktop.

Anyone that knows me, would know that it doesn't bother me; however I think of potential parents looking for information on DGA for their kids to attend. That might throw them off.

Comment

Haha now that is funny, it is pulling the wrong background images. Epic Fail on me.

Check it out now.

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-28 at 9.35.37 AM.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	597349

Comment

Thanks Milenko, thats one of TN1's favourites back in the day.

Very good point though.

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                  Comic sans. Fucking seriously.

Get rid of that background with that hideous font and get some shading/gradient/dimension shit going in the DGA logo and you'll be a-ok. It will looks sweet.
                  Yeah I know, however I would never use comic sans in my work as it was a image of one of the timetables.

Anyway, small oversight on my behalf as I was seeing all the awesome backgrounds as I was logged in, however everyone else saw some of the images that are used in the posts.

Quite funny, but not the intention.

Anyway I simplified the DGA logo to not distract people from what is important, like the rest of the site.

Comment

Also, I forgot to mention.

Thank you for checking out the site and bringing the issue to my attention, very appreciated.

Comment

DTG 27 is good one to highlight all that healthy outdoor activity.

When the power went out.

Comment

Working...
                      X