FS - 1Ds3 & Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: FS - 1Ds3 & Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8

More or less copy-paste from OCAU, but thought I'd see if anybody here is interested.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm clearing out a few items to make way for new gear shortly. I won't go into the specs, I think most people would be familiar with them, so without further ado...

1Ds Mark III - Reserve $6,000 / Instant $6500
    Linked below (and for some reason, looks like a few are large size) are some photo's of the gear (they're not great photo's, but should suffice.
    History - Purchased Mid 2008 from DigitalRev. Used in an even mix of studio and field work, environments from 40 degrees to negative 20-30. Proper precautions have always been taken to ensure the camera is safe (bagged when coming into warmer environments). Camera was originally supplied with the focus update after the 1D Mark III issue was observed and repaired hardware was installed. The camera has since been sent to Canon Australia with a shutter failure at around 20,000 frames, I have since taken about 8500 images (there about) as indicated in a photo below (back LCD) on the new shutter. Canon also updated the firmware, and did minor tweaks to the focus system during the repair.
    The Camera is in excellent working condition and has really only been used for studio work since the shutter replacement, and occasional walk about here and there.
    Always shot in shutter silent mode, rarely on rapid fire.
    Damage is limited to a small scuff (barely visible) on the front of the pentaprism housing, and on the edge between the finger grip and shutter button (more a slight wearing of the paint in the area.
    LCD's have protective film on them, but is getting a little 'worn out' so you may wish to replace it.

What you get:
    1. 1Ds Mark III (including original box, and all items associated with it such as charger, cables and software, manual and most likely CD's though I haven't looked at the box for a while, so the CD's may not be there, but will endeavour to supply them).
    2. Spare battery (purchased less then six months ago)
    3. 8gb Extreme III CF card
    4. Crumpler neck strap (will come with original as well).
    5. Free overnight air bag to anywhere in Australia, ensuring the camera is properly protected, and arriving quickly.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 (for extra $200 16-9.net EF twist aperture adapter) - Reserve $1,700 / Instant $1,800
    I can't recall exactly when I purchased this lens, but it was pretty much as soon as it was on the market. I don't think I was the only one at the time who was impressed with it's edge performance, it became a sort of lens superstar.
    Unfortunately this lens superstar, while it has travelled to many far of exotic locations with me, and ended up spending most of its life in my backpack, or in my cupboard. I purchased it primarily for landscapes and yet, probably only have a handful of images to show for it. Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with this lens, it is spectacular as far as glass goes, I just don't use it, and thus, rather then let it waste away, have decided to sell it (I think this is the second time I've tried).
    Lens is in pretty much as new condition (no markings, no wearing etc). Only thing slightly scuffed is the lens hoot, but not significantly.
    No fungus on the glass, no scratches... As said, I rarely used it.
    Note: In the images you'll see it's fitted with the 16-9.net adapter allowing users to adjust the aperture. This it the 2nd revision of the twist adapter, and is of very high quality. It can be removed, but the price above is for the lens only. The adapter is an additional $200.
    Please keep in mind, if you ARE looking to use it on a Canon with the adapter, AF does NOT work, and Aperture requires the lens to be manually adjusted.

What you get:
    1. 14-24 Nikkor f/2.8 lens
    2. Original boxing with all books and originally supplied items. (I believe it also comes with it's own carry case, but never used it, and will be in box if originally supplied).
    3. Overnight postage to anywhere in Australia as with the 1Ds III.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

For both items (inc adapter), I'll do reserve $7,700 (adapter is free) / instant $8,000. Note both items will still be sent of separately to reduce risk of damage, and oversized Airbag, unless I feel it will be safe.
    I'll only send the items after full payment.

Additionally have a 580EX to sell. Bought a while ago (this is NOT the II), Instant $250.

Forgot to mention, the viewfinder rubber on the 1DsIII does have a crack in it (from holding to my eye). It's an easy enough item to replace, just haven't gotten around to it.

Mate, that is a little steep, I can get the Mark IV for $800 less brand new with a warranty and not off ebay

Comment

Good for you... Then get it.

The 1Ds is NOT a 1D. You simply don't buy it for the same reasons, they have very little overlap. Otherwise I'd have BOUGHT a 1D.

Even the cheapest on Ebay starts at $5800 (second hand), and brand new these camera's still demand around the 9-10K mark.

Comment

After a little google time I see the Ds is a far better unit, what are you upgrading to?

Comment

No prob. ^_^ I'm upgrade to Medium Format digital. IQ160/PhaseOne 645DF... pretty big step up, but will be worthwhile. Taking my photography to the next level

Comment

I just saw the price on one of those......... HOLY FUCK............ most people spend less on a car, I hope it pays dividends for you

Comment

It will. ^_^ They're not cheap. I'm getting a P65+ to use for the next few weeks as a freebee (rental) so will be interesting to compare. Won't be the first time I've used MF, but once you've been bitten, it's a bug you can't release.
              I like Large format too, but it's just not versatile enough for what I want.

Comment

Price drop on 1Ds to 5500 reserve and 5800 instant.

Comment

Just a quick bump... I have all these items still (bar the flash).

Camera is now 5000 including everything.
                  Lens is now 1500.

Comment

Just a quick mention... 30" 3007 Dell available at $500 now.

Comment

Working...
                    X