Billion 7404VNOX Wireless N ADSL2+/WAN Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Billion 7404VNOX Wireless N ADSL2+/WAN Router

Reason for selling: moved to a DOCSIS 3.0 cable connection and this router falls slightly short of 100mbit WAN>LAN throughput so I'm not going to use it as a router for the connection.

Asking $150, including shipping. Prices ranging from $224 through $315 on eBay and staticICE.
    • Gigabit 4-port switch
    • One port can act as a WAN port for bridging a cable or fibre modem and using that as the conx.
    • 72mbit~ throughput WAN to LAN when bridging a different connection
    • Supports 3G via USB either as primary conx, or fall-back if primary goes down
    • 802.11n Wireless
    • Voice over IP compliant with SIP standard
    • 16 IPSec VPN tunnels supported
    • SOHO firewall security with DoS prevention and SPI
    • A ton of other advanced networking features
    Billion VoIP Wireless ADSL2+ VPN Firewall Routers Series

I'll grab it for $150

Comment

What router did you end up getting?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Comment

Schold, to mista mepm!

You don't get a choice of router on cable accounts unfortunately. Your router is provided by them, and your Mac address tied to your account. The worst part is you can't even flash the firmware yourself - it all comes down the pipe whenever the provider decides to release it. And it's normally crippled to stop you changing up/down channels, using custom DNS entries etc. *sigh

I got a Netgear CG3100. Netgear generally blow, as does this one as far as features/functionality is concerned, but I have little to complain about when I'm downloading at 8 megabytes per second.

I will probably bridge this Netgear with a router that meets my WAN>LAN requirement later, but I'll have to do my research first. And wait for next pay day.

Comment

No configurable DNS.....So no more Unblock-Us for you then?

Comment

Yeah I just set it on the NIC of the HTPC instead.

Comment

telstra 100mbit cable ??

i hate it how you cant have your own equipment, you must use tel$tra crap

Comment

Working...
              X