Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Valkyrie and Role Models over the past few days - both were mildly entertaining. Both completely forgettable.

Comment

I saw the wrestler and can recommend it for sure..... also disappoint that Bruce didn't get a nomination for the title soundtrack.

Comment

Ricky Gervais goodness

I've watched Ghost Town for probably the third time; anyone familiar with Ricky Gervais' previous work, (The Office and Extras, plus the podcasts with Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington and his stand up shows) will absolutely love him in this movie.
        It is a romantic comedy but worth watching for Gervais alone.

Ghost Town on IMDB
        Last edited by ResLo; 07-02-09, 01:19 PM. Reason: Moved to correct thread

Comment

cheers Res.

Comment

nAp

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
              I noticed (while playing Left4Dead) that there's still a lot of people that haven't seen Braindead. If you're one of those people, make sure you do watch the film that enabled the Lord Of The Rings movies to happen

YouTube - braindead - trailer

YouTube - Braindead cream scene

youtube has the lawnmower scene here too - might be a bit much for the squeamish - Spirit noticed the lawnmower in the basement of one of the houses in L4D

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
              The Lawnmower scene is blast! LOL though a bit squemish as you say lol

Comment

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

A 2004 flick I finally saw after nearly half a decade since release. And now it's up there with the handful of films I consider some of the best I've ever seen.

You'll see Jim Carey actually act, you'll be privy to a concept and film-making that will twist your mind, and you might even feel like you've just had a perspective adjustment on life and love. Just when you think it has finished in Hollywood fashion, there's more, and it's art-house... but completely approachable and genuinely touching.

The trailer doesn't do it any justice what-so-ever. But it's a must see.

Seriously, see it.

Comment

only seen that trailer and I'm already hanging for it

(last blood, blood the last vampire live action movie)

Comment

Finally got around to watching Slumdog, truly one of the best films I've seen in a while. The young and very young actors were outstanding, the direction and screenplay deserve the Oscars that are coming their way and the soundtrack is superb also.

Get it, watch it, enjoy it.

btw - The Director Danny Boyle is also the man responsible for "Trainspotting" and the lesser known but equally brilliant 'Shallow Grave".

Comment

Glad you agree. It's f*cking brilliant, eh? Now see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Comment

Been there, done that ages ago.

Kate Winslet is a fantastic actress and I think this film showed how good she really is. Carey was good, but only good doing the 'what's happening kind of acting' that his character portrayed. Winslet was the main focus for me for that one. Will Smith for me is the best all rounder atm.

Kate Winslet has starred in two films up for big Oscars this year, The Reader and Revolutionary Road. Not bad Katie... not bad.

Having said that 'Yes Man' (despite the Liar Liar similarities) was enjoyable.

I'll watch 'Doubt' tomorrow as well as 'Frost/Nixon' and hope to find time to fit in 'The curious case of Benjamin Button' and 'Milk' on Sunday before I hear the Oscar results on Monday.

Comment

benjamin button was a good flick. brad pitt is pretty awesome in general, and i'm starting to warm to blanchett.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to seeing Benjamin Button. I still have to see The Wrestler and Frost/Nixon, too.

Comment

RocknRolla another movie by Guy Ritchie (director) is actually pretty good! Its one of those comedy crime movies. The russians are hilarious

Comment

Saw that during the week, typical Guy Richie flick, this one held together by the acting not so much the script. It has the usual twists and turns but these ones were easier to spot then say Lock Stock.

This was the first part of a trilogy if the rumours are to be believed.

Comment

Working...
                                X