Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't end up seeing it... work got in the way of wasting a couple hours at the cinema. Maybe later in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
      I noticed (while playing Left4Dead) that there's still a lot of people that haven't seen Braindead. If you're one of those people, make sure you do watch the film that enabled the Lord Of The Rings movies to happen

I trust you've seen "Bad Taste" and "Meet The Feebles" then?? The forefathers of "Brain Dead"

Comment

sure have - awesome movies but it was Bain Dead i found particularly relevant here due to the L4D reference have never been able to watch a muppet movie with a straight face since Meet the Feebles

Comment

I saw The International with Clive Owen, yesterday. Definitely worth a watch...

Comment

I've been waiting for that one... no sign yet in the usual places.

Watched Role Models - liked it.
            Watched Doubt - good acting but script was mediocre.
            Watched Frost Nixon - Very good.

Comment

Yeah I watched Frost/Nixon the other day - great movie. Surely not a flick for everyone, but I found it really enjoyable.

As mentioned, I was a bit disappointed with Role Models. Still a fine enough mindless comedy, but it looked funnier in the trailer.

Oh, I also finally got around to seeing No Country for Old Men the other day. F*cking exceptional movie. A deeply intriguing and emotional narrative. And who knew that silence could have so much power?

On that note, I'm going to go see Gran Turino today.

Comment

Anyone watched "W."?

Comment

i've seen W. not bad movie, great acting

Comment

Watch "Taken" with Liam Neesan, awesome action and "Body Of lies" with Russel Crowe and Leonardo Decaprio, directed by Ridley Scott.

Comment

Body of Lies was alright. Worth a watch, for sure, but I think people scored it a lot higher than what it deserved. I think DiCaprio is great, so I try to remain unbias when rating his flicks.

Taken was bloody awesome. Probably one of the best few movies I saw in 2008. A must watch for everyone.

Gran Torino had the potential to be a masterpiece, but fell far short. Mostly ruined by the screenplay and terrible, terrible acting. The foundation for the film was solid, but for whatever reason, every action and consequence in the script was spelt out for the audience to ensure even the dumbest folk understood exactly what was happening. That resulted in most of the movie feeling sharply unambiguous, as if it was tailored for an audience of half-wits, when it had the power to be highly provocative if done differently.

Probably still worth checking out, though.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                        as if it was tailored for an audience of half-wits.
                        Well, the American audience is their primary demographic.

Comment

I enjoyed Gran Torino, it was a good movie but I didnt have to strain my brain, I could just sit back and enjoy. It probably would have been more "epic" if it was spelled out like it was but it was still a great movie none the less.

Comment

New Seth Rogan film looks really funny; Observe and Report...

Mutant Chronicles with Ron Perlman and John Malkovich might be one to keep an eye out for, too. Oh and Phelam 123 with Travolt and Denzel.

Comment

Just got around to watching Revolutionary Road. I don't think I can't speak highly enough about it, so I won't even try.

Don't bother attempting a watch of it if you're in the mood for something light, though. That's all I'll say.

PS. DiCaprio is a f*cking wizard.

Comment

BEST MOVIE IN THAR WARRLLLDDDDD

Comment

Working...
                                X