No announcement yet.

Tron Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said on FB, rec - youth is like anti-aliasing for movies because it hides all the jaggies. When I was 6 and first saw Tron it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. Maybe if I watched it for the first time today it wouldn't get a passing grade but since it's from my childhood it's enconsed within an impenetrable shield of nostalgia.

Unfortunately for Tron Legacy it doesn't earn the same deference due because I'm a grizzled old bastard now.

Comment

Fair enough, i totally understand that.

Although not even nostalgia could shield me from the reality of Tron. I watched the original again just the other night, and make no mistake, it's bad.

Despite Tron Legacy's many flaws, it's a better film, looked at objectively.

It's still not a great film, and objectively I'd be hard pressed to say it's a good film. But it is better, and it is Tron. Besides "quality" of film, it's about bright lights and loud noises in the most stellar fashion possible.

As mentioned, because of the visuals and the score, I was mesmerised by the production, so it gets my tick. I wasn't expecting anything more.
      Last edited by rec; 19-12-10, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Im sorry, see i watched TRON the other week as a refresher, and yes it wasnt the gretaest movie, BUT for its time it was an excellently thought out and fairly accurate representational of what i think the inside of the internet/PC should be like...

TRON legacy only expanded on that, maybe its just me that enjoys a movie at face value these days... even tho the story was fairly average it was still very good compared to the story of say.... AVATAR. as well as they fact that they didn't ruin the original at all they just expanded on it.

Its a disney movie folks, which means its not supposed to be analysed its supposed to be enjoyed at face value, and IMO they hit it right on the head.

If you want to see a good adventure movie with excellent visuals and sound i recommended it, if your a pretentious douche don't cos you will try ruin it for others.

on the 3D in avatar i got the WOW 3d feeling, then in toystory 3 the Meh feeling.. but honestly i believe the 3D in this movie gave a feeling of being on the GRID yourself in some scenes, i think this sort of movie is what the 3D was designed for.

Comment

Will have to check it out in 3D then. Fah sure.

Comment

Working...
          X