This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Apparently you missed where they just cancelled our preorders for no reason. :p
    I think there was a perfectly good reason. The pre-orders were cheaper than the full price, and they are cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Xolares View Post
      This is an awesome thread Harbinger

My books are
      Star Trek Books All but i still need more
      Frank herbert's Dune Books

i just need suggestions on good books im more Sci fi and stuff like the Doom, Star Trek dune type
      Im a HUGE star trek fan, but for some reasons the books just dont seem to hold my attention.
      And if your a nerd/geek and dont like dune you deserve to be stoned to death.

Atm im reading a series of 7 books called "the wardstone chronicles" that are actually aimed at 12 year old, but ive noticed that as an older person you see a darker side to the story that kids wouldnt even notice, and TBH im really enjoying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
        Im a HUGE star trek fan, but for some reasons the books just dont seem to hold my attention.
        And if your a nerd/geek and dont like dune you deserve to be stoned to death.

Atm im reading a series of 7 books called "the wardstone chronicles" that are actually aimed at 12 year old, but ive noticed that as an older person you see a darker side to the story that kids wouldnt even notice, and TBH im really enjoying them.
        Shatner books based on Mirror universe Emperor Tiberius, Picard VS Kirk,Spock, Mirror Spock, Scotty and others and a oranisation Based in Federation like Section 31 but is unknown to Starfleet and is more advanced Warships to fight incursions From mirror universe and has more eugenic Soldiers there good books Startrek.com Store is were i get my ST books from and others from Ebay

Comment

for someone who reads, you sure can't read.
          some reasons the books just dont seem to hold my attention.

Comment

im saying he might like those books i found them a lot better than most

Comment

im saying he might like those books i found them a lot better than most
              NOW you're saying that. BEFORE you said OMGZ THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS!
              Last edited by Aegis; 31-08-10, 04:58 PM. Reason: adding in quote due to new page

Comment

HAHAHA, ive seen the mirror universe stuff, but TBH thats my least favourite story arc in the shows.
                I was always a Fan of the federation vs klingon, the ferengi (not sure why they just interesting), and i like most the vulcan/ romulan stuff.

Comment

Sci fi.
                  David Webbers books are fun reads. The Honor Harrington series is good and well worth a ready by anyone who likes sci fi. Think Hornblower in space, I believe the Honor character is who Captain Janway was based on.

Jack Campbell The lost fleet series is more military Sci-Fi, well written.

Moving away from Military sci fi
                  C.J. Cherryh The Chanur Saga are some of the best sci fi books I've read recently. If you like star trak I'm certain you will love this, however this will be a much heavier read.

Alan Steele, Coyote is about a man trapped on an alian planet trying to get home and is also a good read.

In general if you are after fun easy reads anything by David Webber or David Drake is good.

If you liked Herberts Rama series I would also recommend the Evergence Trilogy and the Orphans Trilogy by Sean Williams & Shane Dix

Comment

hah Honor Harrington - awesome, had forgotten about those books

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                      NOW you're saying that. BEFORE you said OMGZ THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS!
                      Omg lame another lame Forum Spammer for the day = Ignore XD
                      Dont nitpick every person you find makes you look like an ass!!

Sci fi.
                      David Webbers books are fun reads. The Honor Harrington series is good and well worth a ready by anyone who likes sci fi. Think Hornblower in space, I believe the Honor character is who Captain Janway was based on.

Jack Campbell The lost fleet series is more military Sci-Fi, well written.

Moving away from Military sci fi
                      C.J. Cherryh The Chanur Saga are some of the best sci fi books I've read recently. If you like star trak I'm certain you will love this, however this will be a much heavier read.

Alan Steele, Coyote is about a man trapped on an alian planet trying to get home and is also a good read.

In general if you are after fun easy reads anything by David Webber or David Drake is good.

If you liked Herberts Rama series I would also recommend the Evergence Trilogy and the Orphans Trilogy by Sean Williams & Shane Dix
                      I have not read any of them i think.

Comment

I have not read any of them i think.
                        Well that list should last you a year.

Comment

Originally posted by morge View Post
                          Well that list should last you a year.
                          Cool ill have a look on ebay XD should keep me going till i find Doom Book 3 Infernal Sky since its so hard to find other than amazon

Comment

Omg lame another lame Forum Spammer for the day = Ignore XD
                            Dont nitpick every person you find makes you look like an ass!!
                            forum spammer? pot calling the fridge black much?

Do you sometimes just find stuff after you talk?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9781841498683.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	596437

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson - 9781841498683 at The Book Depository

40 Days and counting. $18.76.

2nd last one, just a couple more years and I'll be able to read them

Comment

haha nice, I'm just finishing off Warriors at the moment: Warriors by George R R Martin, Gardner Dozois - 9780765320483 at The Book Depository

Not a bad read, though not quite up to the standard of the Legends books
                                Legends: Short Novels by the Masters of Modern Fantasy (Legends (Tor)) by Robert Silverberg, Tad Williams, Robert Jordan, Terry Pratchett, Ursula K Le Guin - 9780606196604 at The Book Depository

once i finish Legends vol3 I'm onto the 'robert jordan' book I've had sitting there since january

Comment

Working...
                                X