• Show
Clear All

*waits for the geek-out about patrick stewart being in the movie*

Comment

Also 2 TV mini series

Comment

yeah, but we don't mention those

Comment

dont forget it also has sting acting lol. i loved the video game spinoff though it was awesome

Comment

Just finished reading the Malazan: Book of the fallen.

This is a Fantasy Decalogy written by Steven Erikson, it's very very good. Vast range of characters and plotlines, all ties up nicely in the end.

Quite a complicated story, but rewarding. Has quite a bit of philosophising in it, might also be described as random meandering gibberish, tomato potato.

Comment

just finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson (thanks Harb) - great little cyberpunk book about a samurai hacker who delivers pizza for the Mob.

Also knocked over Terry Pratchett's (with Stephen Baxter) new book The Long Earth - interesting book but kind of a fizzler of an ending and felt no investment in the characters.

Finished Book 2 of the Princes In Amber series - I still don't know whether I should be calling these sci-fi or fantasy... great old books though.

and speaking of Brandon Sanderson, have also caught up with the Wheel of Time again - god damn, this guy can write.

Comment

Brandon Sanderson is a favourite. Fantastic how many books he has coming out - two this year alone with more quickly on the way. Ten planned for Way of Kings!

Comment

10? nice

Comment

Just finished reading the Saga of the Seven Suns - Kevin J. Anderson

Read this because it was "epic space opera comparable to PF Hamiltons work."

Utter rubbish. It was essentially space magic masquerading as scifi. I generally get angry when one of the main characters seems to be retarded, ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE RETARDED.

Why did I read all seven books? I have no idea, it was very annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X