Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Musos on here?

Hey guys,

just want to know if anyone on here makes music in their spare time.

I'm about to embark on an adventure with a mate as we get closer to releasing an aussie hiphop demo/EP and would love to know if there are any GU'ers on here who make any type of music at all.

Thanks,

at least one?

Comment

Indeed.

Play piano and do a bit of electronic stuff. Am wee out of practice on the piano though. :\

Nick Mather's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

nix | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Got a mate who does hip hop stuff...

Hektic | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

What software are you using?

Comment

A long time ago (like seriously, a looong time ago) I would spend hours and hours each night fucking around in Scream Tracker and later Impulse Tracker. Despite all the time I spent tooling around I only got 5 or 6 tracks to a "complete" state. As it happens I dug them up a few weeks ago and FRAPSed some Winamp visuals along with the music to upload and stick some on Youtube. I never did anything with them but now that this thread has cropped up I may as well post a few up.

Bear in mind these are like 10 years old, written on a program that was developed 15 years ago, derived from a technology from about 20 years ago for the Amiga.

Only recently have I decided to get back into it and spent some money on a new guitar, an audio interface for my PC and a controller and it'll probably be still be a few months before I'm writing music "seriously" again but I'm keen to. Part of the reason I bought that Commodore 64 recently is because I'm interested in chiptunes for the MOS6581 that lives inside it.

Comment

haha you used to throw some of these around as mp3s on #darwin didn't you, Bam?

also - Kernal is a muso - he rocks out with his sax out

Comment

I can fart the first bar of the Jaws theme...

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
              haha you used to throw some of these around as mp3s on #darwin didn't you, Bam?
              Given the timeframe we're talking about here I'd say that's likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Stroker View Post
                Part of the reason I bought that Commodore 64 recently is because I'm interested in chiptunes for the MOS6581 that lives inside it.
                Why not grab yourself a Catweasel and whack that 6581 onboard? I have a couple here, I use one regularly, just not for SID stuff. They are great.

Comment

Brilliant. I'll check these things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Stroker View Post
                    Brilliant. I'll check these things out.
                    Check this thing out too while you are there. Still in dev stage but on sale at about $A280. Initial reports have been encouraging.

Comment

I'm only half way through the first one Dan - it's awesome. Nice work man!

Comment

That first track is seriously fucking cool. Why are you in politics?

Will listen to the other two a bit later, busy watching awful shit happen to Japan.

Comment

Sif make yourself depressed - join mumble and play tf2 - ala your post

Comment

I'm the only one in the TF2 Mumble channel... perhaps I should join the GU Gaming night one.

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                              Indeed.

Play piano and do a bit of electronic stuff. Am wee out of practice on the piano though. :\

Nick Mather's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

nix | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Got a mate who does hip hop stuff...

Hektic | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

What software are you using?
                              as enticing as Pro Tools, we've figured that the best bang for buck is with Propellerhead's Reason 5 + Record

here's some of the stuff we've done so far (none of it has been mastered at all so it's all pretty much raw & they all sound different now)

sonoandcynic's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Comment

Working...
                              X