Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video editing software suggestions?

Hey guys,

Just curious to know what is a good video editor to use that's simple and easy to use.

Just recently got back from Vegas and me and few mates took out a Ferrari F430 And Lamborghini Gallardo for a mates Bucks party and drove up to Hoover Dam and back, and want to compile a short video of it.

I spent 5 hours making a compilation on Windows Movie Maker only to have it bugger up and fail to convert the whole thing so I just wanna start from scratch and make sure it works right this time.

Video formats are MP4 from a Camcorder and my Galaxy Nexus if that helps.

Cheers in advance

Oh and here's a pic of what we drove
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P2270155.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	602444

nice :o

VirtualDub's pretty simple but Adobe Premiere is probably about as easy as it gets (yeah, yeah, bring it on Apple fanbois)

Comment

Nothing wrong with Apple...
      I'd love to use Adobe Premier myself but it's expensive, and frankly iMovie does a surprisingly good job of it. Not perfect, and a little learning curve but did that flight movie (very quick) in 720p and could have done in 1080p too but figured not much point. But it more or less requires the purchase of a mac to use. I also recommend Vegas otherwise.

Comment

Sony Vegas shits on Premiere as far as usability is concerned imo.

Comment

+1 Sony Vegas.

Comment

I would recommend vegas for usability I've used vegas pro in the past. Vegas Movie studio will likely do everything you need and is cheap.

Other choice is Premier elements.

Comment

+1 sony vegas.
              **Cough** torrent

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                Sony Vegas shits on Premiere as far as usability is concerned imo.
                really? I havent used vegas for years, but i can't see how you can get any better than: drag video from desktop to timeline, drag another video from desktop to timeline, export.

for basic stuff, they're all the same (except the bundled-with-computer packages, they all suck).
                Last edited by Aegis; 15-03-12, 10:07 AM.

Comment

+1 for vegas!!!!

Comment

Hmmm Vegas for Vegas. Sounds like the way to go ^.^

Though I did manage to get my Movie Maker compilation to work so I will post that as soon as I upload it but will make a better one now that I know what program would be better to play with

Comment

Oh here's the video I made using Windows Movie Maker in case anyone wants to have a look. I will make a new one since I now have better software lol, hope you guys like it

Comment

it's like watching every 10 year old kid's dreams come true

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                          really? I havent used vegas for years, but i can't see how you can get any better than: drag video from desktop to timeline, drag another video from desktop to timeline, export.

for basic stuff, they're all the same (except the bundled-with-computer packages, they all suck).
                          With Premiere you need to drag a file into your project's library, then you can drag it into the timeline.

With Vegas you can drag it anywhere.

With Vegas you can fade audio and video simply by dragging the edges of the media's timeline snippet.

With Premiere you have to apply a transition filter via that toolbox.

It's just simple shit like that which makes Vegas easier to use. And there are so, so, so many examples of it.

Comment

ahh been awhile, thought premiere supported drag to timeline. oh well, that's crap.

Comment

Working...
                            X