Robocop Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robocop Reboot

So the Robocop franchise is getting a reboot - news that's been around for awhile now, but NOW we have some footage to go with it - albeit part of a viral campaign:

So ED 209's been redesigned which i'm hoping means robocop himself has been too (never liked that he was so fricken slow moving). There's some interesting fan-made redesigns of Robocop floating round the net, but as yet nothing from the movie.

for those that hadn't heard, Hugh Laurie is the head of OCP (now OmniCorp) in this new one - should be good for a laugh

Yup Rule 34 still stands...

Comment

Hugh Laurie will be great in that role.

Hugh Laurie signs on for juicy ‘Robocop’ role | Movie Talk - Yahoo! Movies

Also found this...

Gary Oldman won't be playing a character familiar to Robocop fans, says The Hollywood Reporter. He'll be playing a scientist named "Norton" who invents the technology that brings "The Killing's" Joel Kinnaman back to life as a cyborg. But the former cop is now owned by the corporation that runs the Robocop program, leading Norton into a moral quandary over his creation. If we were being cynical, we'd say that Oldman seems likely to get himself a dramatic death scene right before the third act. If we're being positive, well, that's still probably true, but the inclusion of a repentant Dr. Frankenstein could contribute weight to the story's complex themes and vital character dynamics.

Comment

hell yeah Hugh Laurie..

Comment

I have zero faith it'll be anywhere near as good as the original.

If the the production quality of that viral trailer is anything to go by, it's going to be C grade.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
            I have zero faith it'll be anywhere near as good as the original.

If the the production quality of that viral trailer is anything to go by, it's going to be C grade.
            lolwhut? robocop was typical 80's action trite - it was an awesome movie, but the quality was utter rubbish. *all* the money went on the effects budget - so there was nothing left for acting, plot, or script. All this movie needs to be better is one good actor - and Hugh Laurie is already aboard.

Comment

Not sure which Robocop you recall, the one I saw was critically acclaimed and quickly became a cult classic. The script was tight. The budget for the film was low, but the result was polished. I watched it again recently and it's still a classy piece of stylised cinema.

I'd also be careful not to confuse black comedy with action trite or rubbish quality. The writing and presentation of the satire was intentional, and hit the nail on the head - unlike the trailer above which is just plain shitty.

Comment

wait - got the script of the first mixed with number 2 - yeah sorry. plot for 1 was pretty decent. but i stand by the comment on acting - it WAS pretty bad - coming, as it did, in an era of one dimensional badguys acted out as though on a stage rather than a movie set.

oh and quick note, the above isn't a trailer. if comparing to anything from the original, compare to the TV adverts (which i did like better for their black humour, but were just as budget as the above). Personally, I wouldn't compare it to anything - since it's viral marketing that probably wont even be in the final movie.

I will, however, miss Phil Tippet's awesome work in this new one :/
                Last edited by Aegis; 11-07-12, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Robocop 2 was junk - entertaining junk as a child, but it was pretty much all-round shit. Rewatched recently and wished I hadn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X