Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This place is dead!

i remember when this place was a hive of activity. its really sad that this community has moved on...

btw why is the mumble server now run by pantheonES.com.au?

social media evolved and smaller community forum boards have become ghost towns.
    is there anyway our community can migrate to a platform that is more relevant? if anyone has any ideas feel free to propose it, im sure it will be considered.

Comment

lol i haven't logged onto this in agggggeeeesss....

Comment

Dead..

First it was change to GUVR then that didnt really do much I guess.

Mumble is the saving gace - we still using that .

Comment

i think they should shut it down but create some sort of page dedicated to the past gu's like screenshots of versions... or something. make it a lasting memory. with links to mumble of course

Comment

Bangarang.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Of Nih View Post
              social media evolved and smaller community forum boards have become ghost towns.
              is there anyway our community can migrate to a platform that is more relevant? if anyone has any ideas feel free to propose it, im sure it will be considered.
              Chow what do you mean by more relevant? I agree small forums are pretty much done, my own lasted a whole week before it became apparent that I was the only one keeping the conversations going. Is there a way of adding easily accessible personal pages or notes to mumble?

Comment

Did it maybe last a generation but we moved on and now the next gen needs to carry it forward. I know my time for gaming is limited.

Comment

grandinferno chased away paladin, and now the forum is dead. i think everyone knows what to do to fix this...

Comment

Mumble is down.....

I think I may have to place a mumble for http://darwingamers.com/ up soon.

Comment

Work, family and old age mean I have little time left to spend in here. I would be in favour of seeing what other medium we could move the community on to. I though Facebook would be the answer but that was only used for news items.

edit - Oh and since losing our own server, it painful to navigate this one. Far far too slow to post comments etc.

Comment

Forgot to cancel my Premium subscription payment, I'm premium for another year

Comment

Snap!, I visit GU twice a year, when I see my premium paypal transaction go through.

On a serious note, you should fire up Counter Strike again Unscarred, (the Global Offensive version). There are usually 4-5 of us playing most weekends these days. Good fun to be had.

Comment

I feel the reason why it is dead is because there is nothing that is stirring the community on. If there were things like reviews, and media it would have had a fighting chance of staying relevant, but when your "content" is entirely user generated from a fragmented base no one is going to want to look here.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLo View Post
                              Snap!, I visit GU twice a year, when I see my premium paypal transaction go through.

On a serious note, you should fire up Counter Strike again Unscarred, (the Global Offensive version). There are usually 4-5 of us playing most weekends these days. Good fun to be had.
                              Yep, fire it up ol' son. Even I've managed to find myself getting owned just like the old days

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Working...
                              X