Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Aliens vs Predator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Aliens vs Predator?

From what I've heard the Marine missions are awesome, as are the Predator ones. I'm yet to start single player, but initial multi experiences are bad. Infestation and 4 player Survivor co-op seem like the way to go, as the other modes are balls.

Unfortunately, for most people, you only have 2 Survivor maps. People who bought whatever the AVP ultra edition is got an additional 4. I guess that's a good way to kill off the potential longevity of your multiplayer userbase.

didnt they say that the special ed maps would eventually be unlocked for everyone? just those with the cash got to play them early?

personally i'd like to be able to download the fucking thing. Steam has been shitful for me for weeks now - if i use steamwatch, i can't download. if i use Frey's i cant download and the thing becomes unresponsive. if i use neither, steam has no problems but this game will blow my cap like a cheap whore.

Comment

I had a problem with Freys when downloading Mass Effect 2 and BC2. Turned it off and went back to Steamwatch (updating it with the latest IPs myself) and waited and waited and waited and eventually it started downloading. It seems Node is not getting the files I reckon ready for launch of new games. Give it a day or so and Aussie servers can be used way easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
        didnt they say that the special ed maps would eventually be unlocked for everyone? just those with the cash got to play them early?
        By the time that happens, I imagine most would have stopped playing already due to lack of variety. And to be honest, it doesn't have the calibre of multiplayer to get them returning, in my opinion.

Comment

finished it this way round Predator on hard- then Alien on Normal now half way thru Human on hard again... loving so far had a survial match with rec that was sweet but i had'nt played human so i was like a noob in a candy shop with no teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLo View Post
            I had a problem with Freys when downloading Mass Effect 2 and BC2. Turned it off and went back to Steamwatch (updating it with the latest IPs myself) and waited and waited and waited and eventually it started downloading. It seems Node is not getting the files I reckon ready for launch of new games. Give it a day or so and Aussie servers can be used way easier.
            still nadda :/ i've got 1% of the game - if this happens when BC2 drops i'll go fricken spare

Comment

ahh found a reference on games.on.net's forums about two new gamearena steam servers:

added those in and i'm now getting 1.8mb/s on AVP.

Comment

Working...
              X