How to get Battlefield Vietnam Veteran status for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Battlefield Vietnam Veteran status for free

Those who have me added to their Facebook pages, may have seen my update today venting frustration at EA for their lack of online customer support.

The issue i was experiencing, was a complete inability to register my Battlefield Vietnam CD Key on the Veterans website, which is why i resorted to their online 'live' help.

After waiting the initial 30 minute period waiting for an operator; my session was cancelled because i hadn't responded within 15 seconds. Literally. I was about to hit enter after typing a long rant at them when they disconnected me. So i re queued and tried again, this time keeping my message short.

Below is a transcript:

EARep Scarlett: Hi, my name is EARep Scarlett. How may I help you?
    : Hello
    : I am having problems when attempting to use my Battlefield Vietnam CD Key on the EA Veterans website
    : It is telling me the key has already been claimed
    EARep Scarlett has disconnected.
    EARep Scarlett has joined the chat.
    EARep Scarlett: Hi, my name is EARep Scarlett. How may I help you?
    : I am having problems when attempting to use my Battlefield Vietnam CD Key on the EA Veterans website
    EARep Scarlett has disconnected.
    Lisa has joined the chat.
    Lisa: Hi, my name is Lisa. How may I help you?
    : Hi
    : I am having problems with my Vietnam CD Key on the Veterans website
    : its telling me the key has already been claimed
    : and i also keep getting re queued on this chat thing for some reason.
    Lisa: Well, Can you please specify the name of the game that you want to entitle?
    : Battlefield: Vietnam
    : and the website im trying to register it on is Battlefield Veterans
    Lisa: Please provide me your EA account name.
    : xxxxxxx
    Lisa: Thank you for providing me the information. Let me check your account.
    Lisa: Well, Thanks for your patience.
    : no probs
    Lisa: I have added Veteran Status to the email address you specified on your request. If you visit the Battlefield Veteran website again, you should see a correct list of games.
    : ok i will take a quick look now.
    : ah yes - its showing up now!
    : Thanks much
    Now. That's nothing to extraordinary. Except the fact that at no time was i asked for my valid Vietnam CD Key. She just 'added it' to my account. Fucking awesome.

See how you's go - you might get a similar deal :p

Hacking is 90% social manipulation, congratulations you're now a hacker.

Comment

social ENGINEERING. duh.

Comment

I have had so many troubles with CNC 3 and playing online. After sending 3 or 4 emails they just sent me a entirely new key without proof that I owned a CD / original key.

EA just give out free keys all the time.

Comment

I had my games added as well W00T, Tho I do actually own them

Comment

Oh, yeah i do actually have a valid Vietnam CD Key - it was just odd that they didn't ask for it :p

Comment

haha, i had a loong massive talk with the ea live chat. They support guy did ask for the serial number but i just dragged the convo for a long time.
              In the end, i got 1942 expansions, modern combat, and vietnam activated

Comment

Working...
              X