BFBC2 MP - is it better than COD:MW2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFBC2 MP - is it better than COD:MW2?

I haven't played COD:MW2, so I'm curious to hear what people who've played it and BFBC2 think (given BF:BC2's now been out for a few hours ).

Is BFBC2's MP better (as I want it to be - screw you IW) or has MW2's Sith powers kept it ahead?
    BF:BC2 craps all over COD:MW2
    75.97%
    COD:MW2 force lightning kills BF:BC2
    11.69%
    Love BF:BC2, haven't played COD:MW2
    8.44%
    Don't care
    2.60%
    They both suck
    1.30%

Re: BFBC2 MP - is it better than COD:MW2?

bc2 takes a massive fucking dump on mw2.

Comment

Wow - asking the tough questions there mate

Comment

just making sure i didn't make a mistake boycotting MW2 is all

Comment

It's hands-down a better multiplayer game, in every regard.

Comment

So let me pin my flag to the mast right from the start. This is the superior game.
            Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review | Xbox 360 | Eurogamer

Comment

MW2 is an absolute cluster fuck of a game. I'm lucky to get two games in a row without some sort of stupid error forcing me to join again. It is the biggest fuck up in online multiplayer history. Such a good game but brutally crippled by non-dedicated server bullshit. IWnet ftl.

BF is good from what I've seen, but I haven't played the proper release yet.

Comment

though one cut-scene pokes fun at elite special forces who use "pussy-ass heartbeat detectors", while another vocal aside insists "snowmobiles are for sissies" as quad bikes roar along a narrow jungle path.
                ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                  MW2 is an absolute cluster fuck of a game. I'm lucky to get two games in a row without some sort of stupid error forcing me to join again. It is the biggest fuck up in online multiplayer history. Such a good game but brutally crippled by non-dedicated server bullshit. IWnet ftl.
                  For me, MW2 multi was fantastic in the beginning, even if far too like its predecessor. Within 50 hours I was bored shitless and just running the repetitive gauntlet, only finding enjoyment in clan matches. I ended up playing over 100 hours, painfully. I uninstalled it around 6 weeks ago.

This is quite the opposite... I was unsure for the first 3-4 hours of play whether it was actually any good. But, my understanding and enthusiasm continued to grow hour by hour. Now having spent 60 hours with the game, I think I'd be hard pressed to say that I've ever enjoyed another FPS more. I played about 8 hours yesterday. 6 of those hours straight, and if it wasn't for needing to get up early I would have played another 6 hours. I can't wait to finish work and play all night, again, but this time likely until sunrise. It's like I've rediscovered my gaming youth - that QuakeWorld TeamFortress and Counter-Strike beta 5.2 buzz has returned.

Quite simply, it has reinvigorated my passion for gaming. I even had dreams about it last night. "But it wasn't a dream. It was a place. And you and you and you... and you were there." The golden era of online first person shooters has been reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                    I was unsure for the first 3-4 hours of play whether it was actually any good. But, my understanding and enthusiasm continued to grow hour by hour..... I can't wait to finish work and play all night, again, but this time likely until sunrise. It's like I've rediscovered my gaming youth - that QuakeWorld TeamFortress and Counter-Strike beta 5.2 buzz has returned.
                    I'd have to agree with ya there Rec, it has certainly been a long time since I have waited for the clock hands to finish their slow but methodical voyage around the numerical face, until the time that Business Hours end and the hour arrives where FPS gaming goodness can commence....

*will see you all online tonight... I'll be the one that your crosshair is aimed at!*
                    Last edited by kernal; 05-03-10, 03:12 PM. Reason: fixing my english... i thinks it's almost acceptable now... :S

Comment

you referenced a dictionary at least 5 times for that post didn't you, kernal? ;P

Comment

i'll probably give Bf another go in a few weeks once it gets it shit sorted (maybe even release a patch that makes it good i.e.some bullet realism) but so far... anyone who says Bf shits on MW2 has serious problems..
                        BF:bc2 seems worse than BF2... which i never thought possible... (battlefield 2 was by far worst FPS ever... regardless of who's guna flame me for saying it)

Comment

2142 was terrible - BF2 was quite a solid game. It was just hated by the Counter-Strikers of the time for its clunkiness.

And BC2 does shit over MW2. Seems virtually all the press and everyone here agrees with that.

Comment

Be wary though; there are lot of bugs and issues with the game in it's current state.
                            I actually haven't been able to play the game since the day after Australian release.

I can't ping any Aussie servers (or any servers under a 400 ping). Some servers don't get a ping reply at all (including GU servers).
                            Tried every fix floating on the net but no good. Looks like i'm going to have to wait for a patch.

Comment

I can't ping servers either, most of the time... they have "--" instead of a ms value. When they do get pinged, the server browser pings too many at one time - so it gives false readings. Even Aussie servers are 200ms+, but they aren't in actuality, and I can still connect and play.

Comment

Working...
                              X