BFBC2 MP - is it better than COD:MW2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
    i'll probably give Bf another go in a few weeks once it gets it shit sorted (maybe even release a patch that makes it good i.e.some bullet realism) but so far... anyone who says Bf shits on MW2 has serious problems..
    BF:bc2 seems worse than BF2... which i never thought possible... (battlefield 2 was by far worst FPS ever... regardless of who's guna flame me for saying it)
    Corridor, Corridor, Corridor, Corridor, Corridor, Corridor, Corridor, Corridor, camp. There is no depth to the gameplay and does nothing to promote teamwork but if anything promotes kill whoring and camping. That is MW2.

Comment

If you want fast, solo & close combat game, MW2. But if ya want open, squad & vehicle based game then BC2 is what you want. They're two completely different types of games so ya really can't compare the two.

But atm bc2 annoys me how broken it really is. Even the beta was so much better then what i'm reduced to playing.

Comment

The thing about the battlefield series is the squad play. You have to play as a squad and as a team to reach a certain objective. To do this DICE have used the medic and the resupply kits to help a team / squad move forward, hold lines, and defend. It is much more refined in BC2 than it was in BF2.

AND FUCKEN GAY!
        Ranked Server Host and New Clan/Rental Servers - Electronic Arts UK Community

Comment

Epic server fail. It that for UK servers only given its the UK forum ?

edit - A quick look over at GA says no. They have taken down half their servers. http://www.gamearena.com.au/forums/b...ad.php/5064737

Comment

Originally posted by CyphiX View Post
            They're two completely different types of games so ya really can't compare the two.
            I can, and I am. BC2 is the better team-based, war-scenario, multiplayer first person shooter.

Comment

dont get me wrong i loved 1942 (plus all the expansions and mods) so much, but i thought the BF games went downhill from there...

im willing to give it a few weeks hope they release a few fixes... but i still prefer MW2 by far at this point.

the huge lag may be the main thing that is causing me issue... shooting someone in the back at point blank with a sub machine gun till i have no ammo and have them turn around and 1 shot me with a pistol is a bit ridiculous for me.

also the weather effects, i spent most of the time playing last nite blind due to the wind... im not talkin a little flash of white as the wind rips through im talking like someone flashbanged me every 5 seconds. (ive tried all sorts of settings and new drivers to fix that but im worried its part of the game) its like BLOOM on steroids!

Comment

disable bloom?

Comment

havent experienced your lag issues yet - but that can happen in any game if you cant get a decent server (i know finding decent servers is an issue at present but at least they're working on it). as for the weather effects - it's over the top in the tanks, clearly an attempt to reduce the overpowered nature of the things, but on foot i haven't had any problems with it.

normally, playing from Darwin on southern servers, i feel jipped about kills i should've been awarded but didn't get - so far that hasn't been the case at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
                    sub machine gun till i have no ammo
                    There's your issue.

Comment

hah point - point-blank? use knife

Comment

Starts lame, ends up quite funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                          hah point - point-blank? use knife
                          knifing is even worse...i knifed a bloke in the back 3 times before he turned around and knifed me with one hit.

also i dont have BLOOM or HDR turned on, ive tried with both off and on and so far its exactly the same.
                          i think i'll fraps a section next time to show how bad it is.

Comment

then you must have had horrible lag. get unthrottled/stop leeching before playing.

the dust/snow clouds are a pretty big hindrance for sniping, but imo its just another dimension of game play to get used to - they make good cover for getting the fuck out of the way

Comment

true - the blown dust stops that big desert map from becoming a snipewhoring rifle range.

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
                                then you must have had horrible lag. get unthrottled/stop leeching before playing.
                                And you can believe pala on this based on the number of times he's stabbed me in the face.

We received over 14,000 submissions and the designer in charge of in-game persistence spent quite a bit of time reading them to select the 6 very best submissions. We shared these submissions with you and asked your opinion of which is best. After over 26,000 votes, the poll is closed and we have selected one submission to add to the game as an official Achievement/Trophy!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	romeofficialachi&#10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	595834

Comment

Working...
                                X