Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is so awesome.

Comment

Remember you cant knife someone just after they get revived. They have a spawn type protection in place.

Comment

so by the sounds the lag is whats causing my main issues... if they fix it it may be a decent game, not better than MW2 but at least decent.

the weather thing is fine in the dessert stages it does add that little bit of cover from snipers which i find good, but the snow stages as i said its like being flashed every 5 seconds i go totally blind.

Comment

Turning off bloom fixes that. Or at least it did for everyone else I know.

As for making a call on which is the better game, it sounds like you've barely touched BC2 and are making a snap judgement based on 'issues' you're having.

I've spent 75 hours playing BC2 and spent over 100 playing MW2.

Come back to me in a few weeks.

Comment

The medic guns are so op, some of the guns need their deviation nerfed imo. So far the engy kit with the aks-74 is just win.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
              Turning off bloom fixes that. Or at least it did for everyone else I know.

As for making a call on which is the better game, it sounds like you've barely touched BC2 and are making a snap judgement based on 'issues' you're having.

I've spent 75 hours playing BC2 and spent over 100 playing MW2.

yeh turning off bloom didnt help.

No im making a judgement based on what ive seen, and so far its mostly bad.
              Once they fix the lag issue yeh it mite be ok like i said.

but so far the cons outweigh the pros for it..

i've played MW1 and MW2 now for many many months every day... im enjoying it very much still.

the only thing i can see that BF has over MW is the dedicated servers, BUT thats moot atm cos i have more lag in BF then MW2.

anyways as i've said IF they fix BF then yeh it may be a decent game, but i stand by my guns, MW2 is a far superior game as it stands right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
                i've played MW1 and MW2 now for many many months every day...
                How do you do that? Some kind of time compression technique? Drugs? I'm intrigued...

Comment

No im making a judgement based on what ive seen

My statement stands.

Originally posted by rec View Post

If you refuse to actually put some real time in, you'll never see how much better it is.

Comment

i just don't understand the lag issue, ratty, I haven't seen much of that at all on the GU servers - only 1 or 2 players here and there but on the whole, nadda. you *do* have at least ADSL1 yeah?

Comment

the only thing i can see that BF has over MW is the dedicated servers, BUT thats moot atm cos i have more lag in BF then MW2.
                      Better get that eyesight checked.

Comment

Played a round of mw2 with unseen and a few other guys the other night and mw2 just felt shit. bc2 more fun

Comment

There's a certain sharpness or cleanliness about the movement and feel of combat in MW2 that's not felt in BC2. That's honestly the only thing I can pick on - but I quite happily put aside the UI/server issues. That has nothing to do with gameplay. Besides, MW2 uses peer-to-peer.

Comment

the movement in bc2 shits me to tears. get stuck on the most stupid of objects. can't strafe while running. various other annoyances

Comment

That polished Valve/id engine feel definitely isn't there. But it never has been with DICE games. I'm used to it, but I would still prefer it wasn't shit.

Comment

Yeah it's taken a while for me to get used to the fact you can't strafe whilst running. The whole game seems really floaty and not sharp at all. Hoping a driver update will fix this so I can crank the graphics and still get a better frame rate.

Nice knife on me last night Pala. I was abusing the shit out of you.... just so you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X