Trying with Modern Warefare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying with Modern Warefare 2

I consider myself a Gamer. Not a casual gamer, but a gamer. I own several gaming machines and a great deal of games. I play often. I enjoy FPSs and just about any other kind of game out there.

However, I often feel like the only gamer that doesn't like Modern Warfare 2.

I'm NOT trying to trash on MW2. If you like it, that's great.
    I'm also not calling MW2 a bad game.
    I highly respect the game and it's creators.

I just can't seem to get into it myself.

I have played the game, though not in it's entirety, so I guess there's always an argument that I didn't give it enough time.
    But shouldn't I be having fun the whole time?

Again, I'm not trashing the game, just stating that I struggle to enjoy it.

I know I'm in the minority, but I just wonder if I'm the ONLY one out there who feels this way about MW2.

I thought the single player was great, but not nearly as good as the original Modern Warfare. As for the multiplayer - I loved it, and spent over 100 hours playing it before hanging up my boots. But, I did grow tired with it quite quickly. Once you've reached top level, there's little desire to continue. The gameplay just wasn't good enough to keep me around, and again I'd rather play the original. Plus the whole IWnet match-making shit was absolute shambles and really destroyed the community experience.

Comment

Oh btw; you shouldn't respect the creators. They're a bunch of sell-out douche developers that have thrown the community that built them up to the gutter.

Play Bad Company 2. Now that's a good game.

Comment

Re: Trying with Modern Warefare 2

Bad company 2 is next on my purchase list, been hearing good things.

Um.. What have the creators done to the community then?

Comment

Call of Duty was a franchise popularised by the PC gaming community. What they delivered with MW2 was a console port from head to toe, including the outright exclusion of community modding and dedicated servers. Instead we were forced into console-like peer-to-peer match-making - and the plethora of problems that have followed it.

Comment

Re: Trying with Modern Warefare 2

Hmmm... That is indeed unfortunate.

Comment

DICE are always talking to the comunity, letting them know what is happening to updates and listening to the comunity.

The amount of updates DICE have put out in the first 2 weeks of bc2 are more than MW2 which has been out since November i think

Comment

i prefere MW2 for the gameplay looks and overal greatness and pace of the game, mind u this is coming from a CSS player.
                yes it has its down points, no dedicated servers and lack of anti cheat support.

BFBC2, game wise i think is hugly lacking (and yes i have been playing it for weeks now), the look of the game is not as pretty as MW2, and there are massive issues with LAG and team stacking (i know there working on that) and im a little dissapointed at the fact that there is no HC servers on GU but meh, the general pulic dont liek HC modes i guess.

however i do enjoy the social aspect of playing BFBC2 and using the GU mumble VC server (probably the only reason im still playing it).

Comment

Working...
                X