Mirrors Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrors Edge

Any1 played this? i scored a copy for $4 gonna have a crack at it 2nite.

Mirror's Edge
    An asian woman's face occupies the foreground. She has two long black triangles extending from beneath her right eye, presumably tattoos. She is wearing a black shirt. The white buildings of a city are visible in the background, seen from altitude. The title "Mirror's Edge" lies within a red band that crosses the lower half of the image. Three production company logos are at the bottom of the image.
    Developer(s) EA Digital Illusions CE
    Publisher(s) Electronic Arts
    Producer(s) Owen O'Brien
    Writer(s) Rhianna Pratchett[1]
    Composer(s) Magnus Birgersson
    Engine Unreal Engine 3[2]
    PhysX (hardware supported by nVIDIA GPUs only, acceleration and additional effects are exclusive to the Windows version)[3]
    Version 1.01[4]
    Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Release date(s) PS3 & Xbox 360

NA November 12, 2008[5]
    AUS November 13, 2008[6]
    EU November 14, 2008[7]
    Microsoft Windows
    NA January 13, 2009[8]
    EU January 16, 2009[8]
    AUS January 16, 2009[8]
    Genre(s) First person, action-adventure, platform
    Mode(s) Single-player
    Rating(s) ESRB: T
    OFLC: M
    PEGI: 16+
    Media Blu-ray Disc, DVD, download
    System requirements Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or Vista, Processor: 3.0 GHz or faster, Memory: 1 GB RAM or more, Graphics: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c compatible video card, Shader Model 3.0 required. Video card must have 256 MB or more, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better, Hard Drive: 8 GB free space, Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    Input methods Gamepad, mouse and keyboard

uhm yeah - the game is still worth 10x that much

Comment

$4??

Comment

Awesome game, so much nicer with PhysX though...it's all wank factor effects but it does enhance the overall feel of it a fair bit.

Comment

Isnt it a mediocre game

Comment

gameplay was good/fun. story was okay. graphics were nice and fresh.

Comment

Playable graphics demo imo...

Comment

Except the graphics weren't -that- good. It was definitely a tech demo of some sort, though.

But what I have played of it, I liked. Just not enough to actually give it a full play through.

Comment

the graphics fit the style of the game - same way TF2's graphics fit its style. just because they aren't striving to be the next Crysis doesn't make them bad ;P

Comment

my blog post on it : Chrismo (+3 Intelligence): Run, run, jump, run, jump, slide - EA's Mirror's Edge

Comment

All i remember from that game is people shoting at you well you have no weapon to fire back is not fun. Being ninja kicked in the face then shot at is not fun. Falling constantly off seemly possible to grab surface is not fun. Falling is not fun after the 100th time. Getting shot at is not fun. Trying to pass the same level the 100th f**** time is not fun. Seemly that simple jump ends in you falling to your death for the 100th time.

Otherwise the game actualy started to get more fun when you got ahold of a gun. Although it only had 2 clips of ammo before they bitch slapped you for not knowing how to double backflip, land on the moving car, then dive under the approaching sign. Then atomically time when to jump off to grab the nearest beam then run to rescue where you get hit in the face.

Comment

I don't think I could possibly read the word "fun" any more. At least for the rest of the day.

Comment

installing now guess ill wait and see.. 4 my self

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
                            Falling is not fun after the 100th time. Getting shot at is not fun. Trying to pass the same level the 100th f**** time is not fun. Seemly that simple jump ends in you falling to your death for the 100th time.
                            fail player is fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                              fail player is fail.
                              Agreed, even on harder difficulties its not overwhelmingly difficult. Stop being shit?

Comment

Working...
                              X