Splinter Cell Conviction Windows (Xbox 360) Controller problem fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell Conviction Windows (Xbox 360) Controller problem fixed

So B is X and X is B. And your right stick doesn't work at all? Me too! Ubisoft are on the case, but in the meantime, you can fix it yourself. Basically, you're installing the latest 360 controller drivers, which are in fact beta.

Download them here:

Win 7 64 bit:
    Now downloading: Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Driver v 1.0 Beta for Windows 7 64-bit - TechSpot Drivers

Win 7 32 bit:
    Now downloading: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v 1.0 Beta for Windows 7 32-bit - TechSpot Drivers

Windows Vista 64 Bit:
    64bit Vista Xbox 360 Controller Drivers | John’s Website

Now, take these steps. With your 360 controller connected:

• Uninstall the Microsoft controller accessories via Add/Remove Programs.
    • Go into Device Manager (right click on My Computer) and uninstall your 360 controller drivers.
    • Reboot and unplug your wireless receiver while it's doing that.
    • When the system boots, turn on 360 controller.
    • Let Windows search for newer drivers and install them.
    • Now install the drivers linked above.

If that doesn't work, there are similiar methods that do. Such as not restarting straight away, installing the new drivers linked above, then stopping Windows' search for drivers after your reboot. It will then force an install from your local driver base, which are the beta ones you installed before reboot.

Anyway, enjoy.

Now if someone could tell me how to stop Conviction from crashing to desktop every 10 minutes that'd be just grand.

Sorry but that doesn't solve the problem... i have the latest xbox wireless drivers installed in my pc v1.2 wich you can download from microsoft website. NO BETA.
    i tried to uninstall this and install a previous version like you said (v1.0) and it didn't evev found the controller on the game... we must wait for a patch

Comment

Splinter Cell Conviction Windows (Xbox 360) Controller problem fixed

A patch has already been released that fixes the controller issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sorry but these 'patches' don't fix the problem at least not 1.02 and 1.03 as i have them installed and stil get the b = x etc etc?

Comment

Working...
        X