• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badcompany 2 R8 and R12 server and client patch

Best patch so far in terms of desired features
    Client R8 / Server R12 are in QA - Electronic Arts UK Community

*squiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirt* uhh i needz a towel

Comment

thank christ i'm working from home so i dont have to feel confined by pants.

Comment

Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2

Not that it's a major issue now, but we can now get this working on our servers it seems.

Comment

w00t!

Comment

be nice if the heli tweaks brought them more in-line with BF2's choppers -i miss those

Comment

fuck that, give me DC choppers

Comment

everyone raves about the chopper controls in that, but I never played it :/

Comment

not sure if they were necessarily the most realistic, but they were certainly shitloads of fun. once you got the hang of them, you could pull of some pretty insane moves.

Comment

DC choppers were cool.

However BF2 choppers were better in the fact that you could safely bail out mid barrel roll, parachute, then get back in reverse and shoot who is on your tail.

Comment

After all the delays the new patch is coming.

After a lot of trials and tribulations, all versions of the game client has now completed QA successfully.
                      We will do no more testing on it.

All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Wednesday Jun 30th at 07:00AM (GMT+2). Most of them should be back up by 11:00AM (GMT+2).

During this time window, we will also release the new game client.

Check back after 11:00AM (GMT+2), and try out the new game client!

------------------

The client patch is approximately 890MB large. The list of changes is pretty much the same as is listed here. I'm going to write a post which explains some of the background behind the delays later tonight.
                      Client R8 and Server R15 - Release info - Electronic Arts UK Community

Comment

Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
                        is that saying what i think it's saying? the faster you move the easier you are to hit?! or is it just poorly worded, inferring instead that if you SLOW DOWN your hit box size increases? If it's the former, good luck surviving parachute spawns any more.

Comment

Either way, that's dodgy. How about just make them true, and fix the fucking netcode.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                            is that saying what i think it's saying? the faster you move the easier you are to hit?! or is it just poorly worded, inferring instead that if you SLOW DOWN your hit box size increases? If it's the former, good luck surviving parachute spawns any more.
                            Thats what everybody thinks but it has been explained countless time what it means.
                            As i remember its making the hitbox closer to the model so the hitbox doesnt lag behind the model when moving.
                            No idea why they would say the hitbox expands etc

Comment

Working...
                            X