X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshuayu101
    replied
    Originally posted by rec View Post
    Standing is where it's at. Why crouch or prone when you're already at the perfect level to shoot some face!?
    because if you dont prone or crouch, it then solely depends on which player can hold down their left click the most.

Leave a comment:

• rec
    replied
    Standing is where it's at. Why crouch or prone when you're already at the perfect level to shoot some face!?

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    i keep diving rather than crouching, need to swap keys

Leave a comment:

• Ratty
    replied
    yeh the superman dive is faster than crouching, but u cant fire while diving... not that that matters too much cos the confusion it causes gives u plenty of time to shoot once u land before the enemy works out what the fuck you are doing.

I don't use it cos it pisses me off, but im thinking about swapping out my crouch key for it.

Leave a comment:

• rec
    replied
    I'm not really sure as I haven't played around with it enough. I think proning is slower than kneeling, unless you're in the air (jumping), hence why people do that. *shrug

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    which is what i like about BC2, even most PUGs can work effectively as a squad.

and am i imagining things? or do you go prone faster than kneeling?

Leave a comment:

• rec
    replied
    Ah I hate that dolphin diving shit - never do it. And if you're quick enough, no one else will have time to do it either.

As I said, your feeling about it being a 'Rambo' game is mostly right. But there's still lots here for a team player. Just make sure you're jumping on with a few friends, or getting involved in a ladder.

Leave a comment:

• Marf
    replied
    I know what you mean about the clumsiness in aiming Rec, BC2 does falter there in comparison to Blops and Quake, but I guess we're just different kinds of gamers. I'm more of a team player than a Rambo, and Blops just feels like a bunch of Rambos running around imitating Flipper whilst putting a bullet in your head.

Leave a comment:

• Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
    Prone is so annoying. I want to kill those people.
    This.

Bit unfair to compare MW2 to BFBC2, completely different modes of gameplay and on an objective-focused gameplay basis BC2 wins out easily.

Leave a comment:

• Milenko
    replied
    Originally posted by rec View Post
    Ugh. That's the worst map in the entire game. Paired with the second worse game mode. What the hell is wrong with you.
    I really enjoy it because it's so fast paced.

Leave a comment:

• grandinferno
    replied
    Prone is so annoying. I want to kill those people.

Leave a comment:

• feary
    replied
    I love this engine! I've said to many people that they could have just re-released mw2 with dedicated servers and I would have paid the 60 bucks again and wouldn't give a shit.
    As rec said when you die in this game you blame yourself as there is never any unnatural responses to the inputs you give.
    Now all the need to do is nerf prone and I'll give free jobbies to em

Leave a comment:

• rec
    replied
    I didn't mention it in my initial rant, but there's just something so much better about the COD engine (id Tech 3/Quake 3). There's no stickiness, no clumsiness. The movement mechanic feels free, sharp and precise. It's how a first person shooter feel.

The Unreal engine comes close, but everything DICE has produced is outright clunky, and the frustration derived from that is what has killed every Battlefield experience for me.

In Quake, Couter-Strike and old Medal of Honors (Allied Assault) everything felt just right. I blamed myself when I died, not the game engine.

This is indeed coming from the perspective of an elitest (some may argue elitest tool), who spent years involved in the e-sports community, travelling for competition. Sure, some people may not feel or understand the vast difference in input/control, others may not care. But it's there, and it's a big deal when you really give a shit about your performance, and the final score.

Leave a comment:

• Ratty
    replied
    MW2 outlasted BFBC2 by far for me and thats saying something given how much MW2 pissed me off.

This game has me mega hooked, loving it and not gunna stop... and i don't see the no team aspect i play with a few mates on voice chat and we work as a team the whole time...

also... nuketown = bad map

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    that's actually a good tedium map - tight quarters = frenetic pacing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X