No announcement yet.

Source update sees major change in the way mouse inputs are obtained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is true. But still quick enough to make you rage quit the other night!

Comment

pretty sure that's the fucking game making people rage quit

Comment

Nope. It was definitely be knifing Harby 5 times in about 60 seconds.

Comment

If that did happen, which I don't remember, it would only be because of a combination of factors.

i.e

<----------------------------------------CODBO Rage----------------------------------------><-rec rage->| ragequit Level.

CODBO rage quite often passes the ragequit level all on it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
            There is so much wrong with this.

#1. Valve is not counterstrike, source is not counterstrike. A change made to the source engine is certainly not being made by the people implementing changes in counterstrike gameplay.

#2. I remember having to run a registry fix in winxp to disable mouse acceleration because the mouse input was being processed there first. Source engine is multiplatform, I can definitely see a benefit in having a universally consistant mouse/game interface.

#3. Everything valve does is perfect and wonderful and therefore you are wrong.
            Counter strike basically made and pushed Valve to popularity in its early years. Its true that the wonderful thing about the source engine is that if one of the game teams enhances or optimizes a portion of the engine than it benefits all. Its very very likely the mouse sensitivity update was created by the counter strike team as they are the likely ones to benefit the most from the update.

2. Not hard to download and double click Cevo mouse registry fix.

3. "Everything" is a bit of a overkill. Valve sure do wonderful things for the pc market 90% of the TIME. But they are not perfect.
            EG: Dynamic weapon pricing?
            Steam region pricing?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuayu101 View Post
              Counter strike basically made and pushed Valve to popularity in its early years.
              Have you heard of a lil old game called Half-Life?

As for the rest of your argument, I really don't think you've got a leg to stand on. It's good enhancement, whichever way you look at it. Why are you arguing about this?

Although if you feel so strongly about it being a waste of time, e-mail Valve requesting they remove it, and paste your e-mail here for our amusement.

Comment

dynamic weapon pricing was the start of something bigger wasnt it? thought that led directly into the Mann Co. store in TF2.

as for region pricing, well, their clients requested that feature - most businesses will comply with reasonable client requests (it sucks for us, but at a business level, it's reasonable)

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                  Have you heard of a lil old game called Half-Life?

As for the rest of your argument, I really don't think you've got a leg to stand on. It's good enhancement, whichever way you look at it. Why are you arguing about this?

Although if you feel so strongly about it being a waste of time, e-mail Valve requesting they remove it, and paste your e-mail here for our amusement.
                  I know its a good enhancement. I was questioning the need for it? Its not like on the forums theirs an request outcry for this feature. This just came out of the blue. plus im bored at the moment, i feel like picking an argument.

Wtf with the email? i dont even want to bother responding to that comment.

Comment

You don't have to, it was written in jest. Sorry if you thought it was serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                      dynamic weapon pricing was the start of something bigger wasnt it? thought that led directly into the Mann Co. store in TF2.

as for region pricing, well, their clients requested that feature - most businesses will comply with reasonable client requests (it sucks for us, but at a business level, it's reasonable)
                      Do you know what happen when they introduced dynamic weapon pricing in cs:source.
                      It was sooo terrible and was removed because it was crap.

I dont think dynamic weapon pricing played a role in the implementation of the mann co store in TF2. They just jumped on the micro-transaction wagon as its starting to be the norm with games now.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                        You don't have to, it was written in jest. Sorry if you thought it was serious.
                        Lol. Im not serious with my responses, im just bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuayu101 View Post
                          Do you know what happen when they introduced dynamic weapon pricing in cs:source.
                          It was sooo terrible and was removed because it was crap.
                          yeah but how else do you work out if something new might be good or not? to the best of my knowledge no-one's tried that in an FPS game before. The concept is cool, just the implementation was off.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                            yeah but how else do you work out if something new might be good or not?
                            Yeah, the automatic ammo selection is rubbish. :p

The fun of trying to remember which ammo you're meant to buy for each gun.

Comment

Working...
                            X